• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

North bridgers/crazies conditions/snowpack?

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I have to go to Bozeman for work next week, thinking of dragging my toys with to explore. Anyone have any snow reports for the bridgers or crazies?

X
Mar 12, 2018
go south of bozeman ... south at 4 corners - then south past the big sky intersection (theres a gas station there) - the canyon.... be careful - road can be slick. lots of accidents. theres 3 spots down that way w good riding. the parking lots are right next to the road. the furthest lot is less than an hour away. west yellowstone and island park arent too much further either. lots of good options fairly close

Last edited:

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Thanks guys, I should have said I’m coming up from Idaho falls. Familiar with the spots south of big sky.

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Check the snotels. When I was up in Fairy Lake area in December it wasn't ride-able off trail. When I checked the Brackett Creek snotel other day the snowpack had doubled to 40", but it's probably still not great riding. I know Mark and his sons at CMX have been riding in the Crazies recently, don't know where though because it looks like they have even less snow that way.

If you do end up going in any of those areas, would love to hear a report!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IP/West have good snow, it tapers thinner and thinner as you get closer to bozeman right now. I would recommend making an effort to ride somewhere in the middle there vs heading farther north.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I Just ended up snowboarding at bridger since they got some fresh snow. Given what was under that fresh 6-8 inches, crusted/hardpack and poor coverage, i opted not to bother trying to sled. Plus my buddies sled broke down and he wasn't able to get it fixed.

Premium Features