• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Non-resident Colorado Sled tags

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Am looking at heading up to Chama this weekend but need a Colorado non-resident sticker. Is there a place up there to buy one? Don't think I can get one on line in time for saturday. Any help would be appreciated.

B
tags

Am looking at heading up to Chama this weekend but need a Colorado non-resident sticker. Is there a place up there to buy one? Don't think I can get one on line in time for saturday. Any help would be appreciated.

if you purchase online you will get a print out that you could use. the rangers [CHRIS] are not usually up there till later in the season. you should be good .we are going up to cumbres fri sat sun maybe see you up there where are you riding from WINDY POINT or TRUJILLO MEADOWS

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
if you purchase online you will get a print out that you could use. the rangers [CHRIS] are not usually up there till later in the season. you should be good .we are going up to cumbres fri sat sun maybe see you up there where are you riding from WINDY POINT or TRUJILLO MEADOWS

Don't really know the area as I just move to Albuquerque, however I did take a drive up there a while back and found out I could park at the Cumbre Snowmobile Tours parking lot. Not really a trails guy. Just put the truck location in the GPS and go, been riding in the mountains a long time. Drive a Red 08 Ford F-350 crew cab with a Black 29' enlosed trailer. Either be riding a 09' Nytro MTX or 08' Yellow Summit XP X. Thanks for the heads up on the permit. Where you guys out of??

Calvin, We park on top of cumbres pass. There are 2 places to park that are along the side of the road, right after you cross the railroad tracks. We usually park at the entrance to the lake on the left side of the road. I am going up on Sat morning you could meet us for breakfast at fina's in Chama. You can order your permit from Colorado state park here is the log in link http://parks.state.co.us/parksstore/login.aspx

M
Nov 27, 2007
Do you still need that permit if your gonna ride the new mexico side coming in from trujillo meadows also will you give us a snow report

B
snow report

Do you still need that permit if your gonna ride the new mexico side coming in from trujillo meadows also will you give us a snow report

if you are @ cumbres your in colo ,your best bet is to buy the permit and have no problems snotel is at 31 inches .we should get more by tues .the riding should be pretty decent for this weekend and even better next , we will be there fri sat sun . 07 silver gmc with enclosed 4 place

B
Don't really know the area as I just move to Albuquerque, however I did take a drive up there a while back and found out I could park at the Cumbre Snowmobile Tours parking lot. Not really a trails guy. Just put the truck location in the GPS and go, been riding in the mountains a long time. Drive a Red 08 Ford F-350 crew cab with a Black 29' enlosed trailer. Either be riding a 09' Nytro MTX or 08' Yellow Summit XP X. Thanks for the heads up on the permit. Where you guys out of??

i live in santa fe and ride with a group from albq known as the WILD BUNCH there are 4 parking lots before the tours lot , 2 @ trujillo meadows and 2 @ windy point

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Will be up saturday morning with Ghostrider. Red 08' F-350 crew cab, 09' Blue Nytro MTX. Oh yeah, is there any one from New Mexico that actually puts their Licensen plate on their sled????????? Just registered mine (an hour and a half in the MVD, what a pleasant experience, not!) and the dude hands me a license plate, I said are you serious? A license plate? He said yup, it's an OHV. I asked, where do ya put it; response, I don't know.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Will be up saturday morning with Ghostrider. Red 08' F-350 crew cab, 09' Blue Nytro MTX. Oh yeah, is there any one from New Mexico that actually puts their Licensen plate on their sled????????? Just registered mine (an hour and a half in the MVD, what a pleasant experience, not!) and the dude hands me a license plate, I said are you serious? A license plate? He said yup, it's an OHV. I asked, where do ya put it; response, I don't know.

thats what I thought the one and only year I was silly enough to register my sled in NM .If I ride in the state this year I will take my chances without!

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
what kind of info did you have to give them at the DMV for the non res tags? maybe I should just do that instead.So long as the fee is paid whats the diff?

I

ikold

Dec 2, 2007
Chama

I'm going up tomorrow to Cumbres or Wolfcreek haven't decided yet. We rode last weekend, there is snow up there but lots of gremlins lurking.
Anyone know what Wolfcreek pass looks like?
We are trying to decide who will get the brunt of this storm. Looks like the snow will be falling all day tomorrow with the heavy stuff coming late in the day.

We are in a red 08 ram 3500 with a red enclosed trailer.

Would like to hook up with some folks who really know the area well.

J

Premium Features