• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOAA’s Official Outlook For The Second Half Of March

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
NOAA’s Official Outlook For The Second Half Of March

The National Weather Service just released its official outlook for March 17th – 30th. It goes along with the trend that has been in place all winter, head north. In order to find cold temperatures and above average precipitation, your best bet is the PNW.

Official Outlook:

<figure id="attachment_108678" style="max-width: 719px" class="wp-caption aligncenter">
March-4.png
<figcaption class="wp-caption-text">Official temperature outlook. Image: NOAA

</figcaption></figure>If you’re looking for below-average temperatures in the second half of March, you’ll have to head northwest.
<figure id="attachment_108679" style="max-width: 719px" class="wp-caption aligncenter">
March-5.png
<figcaption class="wp-caption-text">Official precipitation outlook. Image: NOAA</figcaption></figure>Below average precipitation is expected to impact much of the west, which has been the story of the season thus far.

Where Will It Be Good?

• Alaska
  • Oregon
  • Washington
  • Idaho
  • Montana

Where Will It Be Bad?

• Utah
  • Colorado
  • East Coast

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Thanks for that depressing Utah news.

I've ridden 15 days so far this year and not once at home in Utah.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Utah just can't catch a break this year. Even the storms that do come in put more snow in the valley than in the mountains. Pretty lame this year. 13 of 17 days have been outside of Utah. And the days in Utah pretty much sucked.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I just rode my first California snow ride (3 feet) Saturday the 3rd here in the Sequoias. Sledder living on the trail said best snow of the year and his first ride.

Oh boy ... was over 40 days of CALI riding last season with a 10 foot base for over 3 months.

This year ... ONE ride no base :painkiller::painkiller::painkiller:

And the state wont release OHV/OSV $$$$$ because the season ends the 31st ! :frusty: so no tree cutting / grooming for my trail network

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just rode my first California snow ride (3 feet) Saturday the 3rd here in the Sequoias. Sledder living on the trail said best snow of the year and his first ride.

Oh boy ... was over 40 days of CALI riding last season with a 10 foot base for over 3 months.

This year ... ONE ride no base :painkiller::painkiller::painkiller:

And the state wont release OHV/OSV $$$$$ because the season ends the 31st ! :frusty: so no tree cutting / grooming for my trail network

That just SUCKS

Premium Features