• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Merry Christmas at the Crapo house.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Mormons the true minority, chit we even elected a black dude before a mormon.

They have there challenges and no ones perfect, the true mormons don't claim to be perfect and the others are confused. The good mormons wont judge and understand they will be judged.

In the true sense of it, mormon and politician don't work in the same category. not these days. The guy is prob so dam confused he can't see straight.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Come on people why should you be so negative about this guys situation. Yes he is a public leader and should control him self and as an adult should know better. Most of us on here have spent at least one night in the last year or two over the porcelain God. I dont drink and drive anymore because of my CDL and it illegal, dangerous and everything else you can think of, but I do enjoy my black velvet and other drinks especially this time of year.
dont be a hypocrite and crucify this guy for a mistake. if it was his 3rd or 4th than yes hang him out tot dry but not the first time in the news, come on be real.
remember nothing is illegal until you get caught. remember that the next time you go to the bar and have 2 or three with buddies in 1.5 hrs then drive home. at that rate your BA will be close to the legal limit and you could be in the same boat he is

Really???????? Are you married? Got Kids? I wonder if you would be so willing to give the guy a pass if when he ran the red light your wife and kids were in the intersection and he killed them all. The police told you it was his first time caught, would you say that's ok, everyone deserves a break let it slide.
It is the first time he got caught but I would darn sure bet it wasn't his first time doing it. Yea I did it when I was young and dumb and haven't done it for at least 30 years. But this guy is a U.S. Senator who is what 55 to 60 years old. Come on, give him a break? This day and age? Are you kidding?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Come on people why should you be so negative about this guys situation. Yes he is a public leader and should control him self and as an adult should know better. Most of us on here have spent at least one night in the last year or two over the porcelain God. I dont drink and drive anymore because of my CDL and it illegal, dangerous and everything else you can think of, but I do enjoy my black velvet and other drinks especially this time of year.
dont be a hypocrite and crucify this guy for a mistake. if it was his 3rd or 4th than yes hang him out tot dry but not the first time in the news, come on be real.
remember nothing is illegal until you get caught. remember that the next time you go to the bar and have 2 or three with buddies in 1.5 hrs then drive home. at that rate your BA will be close to the legal limit and you could be in the same boat he is

I expect better of someone who essentially runs this country. I myself have NEVER drank and drove. Even if I have 1 beer I will wait at least 4 hours until I drive(cuz I am 19 and in SD there is 0 tolerance for underage drinking and driving). Why am I so careful? Because I'm in the process of making something of myself and I know I wont get anywhere with a dui. This guy knew the consequences of his actions and now will pay the price. Just how it works. And you can bet this isn't the first time he has done it. Drinking and driving is a game of chance and do it enough and the odds wont be in your favor. For me, even once was one too many chances to get in trouble(on the other hand I figured I could chance an underage, but a dui is something entirely different).

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
he broke the law, and will in all likelyhood pay a price he wasn't expecting to pay, both with the law, his family, and his church.....other than those not insignificant punishments.....we must all remember that one day we also will be judged, maybe by the standards we impose on others, for myself, i don't want to set too rigid of a set of rules that i wouldn't want imposed on me...to forgive is best, and be glad that it wasn't me or thee....:brokenheart:

C
Oct 24, 2008
brighton, colorado
I expect better of someone who essentially runs this country. I myself have NEVER drank and drove. Even if I have 1 beer I will wait at least 4 hours until I drive(cuz I am 19 and in SD there is 0 tolerance for underage drinking and driving). Why am I so careful? Because I'm in the process of making something of myself and I know I wont get anywhere with a dui. This guy knew the consequences of his actions and now will pay the price. Just how it works. And you can bet this isn't the first time he has done it. Drinking and driving is a game of chance and do it enough and the odds wont be in your favor. For me, even once was one too many chances to get in trouble(on the other hand I figured I could chance an underage, but a dui is something entirely different).

well before you start getting on a soap box and admiting to drinking under age.
come back and make a comment when your dipper drys out.

C
Oct 24, 2008
brighton, colorado
Really???????? Are you married? Got Kids? I wonder if you would be so willing to give the guy a pass if when he ran the red light your wife and kids were in the intersection and he killed them all. The police told you it was his first time caught, would you say that's ok, everyone deserves a break let it slide.
It is the first time he got caught but I would darn sure bet it wasn't his first time doing it. Yea I did it when I was young and dumb and haven't done it for at least 30 years. But this guy is a U.S. Senator who is what 55 to 60 years old. Come on, give him a break? This day and age? Are you kidding?

Yes I have both I deal with life and death situations everyday when i am on rotation. and I'm sure your perfect right? how offen do you speed or hurry up to catch that yellow before it turns red, or make a illegal u-turn and the list goes on and on. What if it were you that got caught doing something at work or in public your not supposed to, Life threatening or not. you would beg for mercy.
JUST REMEMBER WHEN YOU POINT YOUR FINGER AT SOMEONE THERES 3 POINTING BACK AT YOU.

C
Oct 24, 2008
brighton, colorado
he broke the law, and will in all likelyhood pay a price he wasn't expecting to pay, both with the law, his family, and his church.....other than those not insignificant punishments.....we must all remember that one day we also will be judged, maybe by the standards we impose on others, for myself, i don't want to set too rigid of a set of rules that i wouldn't want imposed on me...to forgive is best, and be glad that it wasn't me or thee....:brokenheart:

Beautifully said theres only one time in my life that I will be worried about being judged and thats at the end.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Yes I have both I deal with life and death situations everyday when i am on rotation. and I'm sure your perfect right? how offen do you speed or hurry up to catch that yellow before it turns red, or make a illegal u-turn and the list goes on and on. What if it were you that got caught doing something at work or in public your not supposed to, Life threatening or not. you would beg for mercy.
JUST REMEMBER WHEN YOU POINT YOUR FINGER AT SOMEONE THERES 3 POINTING BACK AT YOU.

Sorry, but speeding doesn't even come close to driving drunk.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Keep adding to the story to make it make sense. Sure, speeding and eating sloppy Joes, and texting the Gettysburg address is probably just as bad as driving drunk. You, trying to compare drunk driving to speeding, is probably just your way of defending the fact that you drive after drinking. I could be wrong about you, but IMO and in the eyes of the law, the 2 aren't even close.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
well before you start getting on a soap box and admiting to drinking under age.
come back and make a comment when your dipper drys out.

Real cute, come back and comment after the 75th post.

And how is drunk driving even close to speeding 5-10mph??? Your ability to react is very impaired when drunk(and this guy was swerving). Next story when someone dies from a drunk driver tell them not to judge that driver because only God can judge us. :face-icon-small-con

C
Oct 24, 2008
brighton, colorado
If evryone making comments about drunk driving and comparing it to other types of driving infractions would take 5 mins and look at stats about all driving accidents would realize that driving is the most dangerous thing we do everyday. All im trying to say is that breaking most driving laws are just as dangerous. While i dont condone drunk driving at all and what the Senator did was wrong if you were in his shoes what would you want. if you choose to not do that wonderful but obviously people still do drink and drive and put the general public at risk.
I'm not perfect at all I break driving laws knowingly and unknowingly. Every time you decide to get on a public highway doing anything other then driving you put the general public in danger of injury and or death.
Don't tell me your multitasking either your brain can only concentrate on one thing at a time if your listening to someone one the phone your not actually driving your vehicle your paying attention to the phone so your reaction time slows, when a stop sign is coming , that ball rolls out in front of you and the kid is following it into your path of driving. or someone else runs the stop sign and you plow into the side of them because you had to focus back on the intersection your going thru.
So dont make a post telling me i'm just adding to the story because the story can go on and on because its all in writing and stats that we as drivers while some better then otthers are truely crappie drivers period myself included.

Last edited:
S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana

To answer your questions
Nope I'm not, already said that in my first post.
Speed often usually no more than 5 over and try to stop at yellow if I can, but state law allows you to go through on yellow.
Uturns are legal here, If in another state and don't know the laws I go around the block, thus not endangering anybody else.
If I was caught doing something at work or in public that was illegal I would be a man and accept what was coming to me, I darn sure wouldn't BEG for mercy. DUI is not speeding it is not a uturn it is not going through a yellow light. What it can be compared to is picking up a loaded weapon and randomly shooting it all around with people scattered here and there. Even though you're not trying to, sooner or later you will kill someone.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It is definitely foolish to enter this pissing match.......and everyone here knows I am a fool, so here is my 2 cents.

The danger involved in breaking traffic laws is impossible to quantify.

For example speeding. In a perfect world there would not be a speed limit.
The officer would have the authority, wisdom & common sense to recognize "unsafe" driving.
Example a car with a low center of gravity is safer @80 mph than a loaded pick-up with high center of gravity (sled deck) is @60mph
Or that same pick-up w/studs is safer than that same car w/o studs on an icy road.

Or perhaps you are illegal after 3 drinks but your lightweight buddy can't handle booze and is dangerous after 2 but still legal?
Like it or not, some people can drive while legally intoxicated better than many people can stone sober.
Then add to that the talking on cells, the texting, the applying make-up, the shaving, the eating, the fussing with kids all while driving.
My point is that it is popular to vilify anyone who drinks & drives, but the rest of the above behavior gets a pass? That's bull5hit!
Sloppy drunk & legally drunk are 2 very different things, but are treated equally in the eyes of the law.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
It is definitely foolish to enter this pissing match.......and everyone here knows I am a fool, so here is my 2 cents.

The danger involved in breaking traffic laws is impossible to quantify.

For example speeding. In a perfect world there would not be a speed limit.
The officer would have the authority, wisdom & common sense to recognize "unsafe" driving.
Example a car with a low center of gravity is safer @80 mph than a loaded pick-up with high center of gravity (sled deck) is @60mph
Or that same pick-up w/studs is safer than that same car w/o studs on an icy road.

Or perhaps you are illegal after 3 drinks but your lightweight buddy can't handle booze and is dangerous after 2 but still legal?
Like it or not, some people can drive while legally intoxicated better than many people can stone sober.
Then add to that the talking on cells, the texting, the applying make-up, the shaving, the eating, the fussing with kids all while driving.
My point is that it is popular to vilify anyone who drinks & drives, but the rest of the above behavior gets a pass? That's bull5hit!
Sloppy drunk & legally drunk are 2 very different things, but are treated equally in the eyes of the law.

The difference in all the things you mentioned and driving while intoxicated is, driving while intoxicated is the only one that is illegal in all parts of the country. Cellphones and texting is getting outlawed in many areas but still legal in most.

Premium Features