• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NGK Spark Plugs.... P/N cross reference

Dec 22, 2008
EASTERN, UTAH
There has been a few threads on here about the right plugs for the 800R. Alot of guys are getting confused with BR9ECS & BR9ECS-5. Exact same plug just a gap difference. Now in order to get the right plug (BR9ECS) the dealer has to order by this P/N BR9ECS-S.

I went through two weeks of my dealer getting the -5 (.018) until a call was made to NGK to find out that the -S (.031) is the new cross reference number to get the gap right.

I hope that info helped and didnt confuse anyone who had this ? as well...

Dec 22, 2008
EASTERN, UTAH
NGK part# 4677 = BR9ECS

Thats the old info like I said above. The new Plug is BR9ECS-S..... which yes is still # 4677. Just trying to give helpful info when a guy goes in to order a plug that may be out of stock..... Obviously other guys have ran into this too or there wouldn't be so many threads on here asking about which plug & size of gap....

R
Thats the old info like I said above. The new Plug is BR9ECS-S..... which yes is still # 4677. Just trying to give helpful info when a guy goes in to order a plug that may be out of stock..... Obviously other guys have ran into this too or there wouldn't be so many threads on here asking about which plug & size of gap....

Yup ... don't even confuse them with the BR9ECS-S designation. Just tell them you want #4677's and call it good. This has been an issue since 2007. My dealer installed BR9ECS-5 from the start ... they worked fine but seemed to build up carbon quickly with the increased oil volume "band-aid" update ... that is when I started researching the correct plugs with the correct gap. I still bring a gauge when purchasing plugs just to confirm the gap is correct ... install and go; no muss, no fuss.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
The main diff is the gap...

800HO PT, all SDI's, 800R engines need the .028" plugs

ALL 600HO carb, 500SS, 800, 800HO, 700, 600 small block etc use a .018" gap...BJ

Premium Features