• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW TRACK

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
If you have a ts convex track I think you would be hard pressed to notice changing to an identical track lug height in different lug shapes..........
(Lighter wallet may help emotional/ mental horsepower)

Build your own 3” for cheap?
Or save for a newer/ lighter kit?

I’m going to try a 3” ($220 investment for drivers and 6 studs)
Track was free. (Torn window)

I totally understand what you are saying and agree with your thought pattern here. BUT.
The Maxtrak I was an "awesome" track if you were looking for a track and were tired of constantly giving TS money.Then they made the Maxtrack II. It was the exact same pattern for lugs, stiffer but it did preform better? Not better dollar wise but you thought you could feel it. Then came the camso kit. The track was modeled off the Peak track. The problem was the mono rail. One would have to cut new windows, clip it and plug the center. The camso kit is heavier then others but people were impressed with it and how it hooked up. The track must be working.
CMX pulled the trigger and had a track made. In the snowmobile industry there is a huge amount of choices for tracks. With the new CMX track there are now a hand full of tracks to choose from. We all still will rip off lugs on rocks or trees and will need a new track some day. We can buy a new track for a lot less money then a new kit. So here is what I saw yesterday with the new CMX track.
I saw it laying on the floor of the CMX shop. I compaired it by hand to the following: Maxtrak I & II, TS track, and the camso track. Both Maxtracks were softer then the other three and are out IMO. The Camso track takes too much work to convert for the two rail system. The full lugs on the CMX track is an attention getter and work on the snow with the Camso. The edge or outside lugs on the TS were softer then the CMX outside lugs. The two towers on the outside of the CMX really stiffened it up which should add to the traction during side hilling or cornering on the trail. The CMX lug has groves molded on the front side of the lug. They say the groves are for powder snow traction. That maybe true but I see it helping with ice also. The center of the lugs "feel" as stiff if not a little stiffer then the TS paddles. The TS track is clipped every window as is the CMX track. The CMX track also has guide clips. The guide clips will lessen track drag when coming in contact with the hyfax. This CMX track is going to hook up.
With the limited power we have in the bikes I want a track with paddles that will move snow. Long paddled will move more then a bunch of smaller ones. I feel this track is going to be real good as a snowbike track. I'm glad I put my money down for a deposit. When the snow gets deeper we will see........

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Nice write up , the guide clips need more attention than they get . The machines can barely stand on there own so it only makes sense that the tracks are constantly coming into contact with the hyfax ?

Just bringing up past experiences , one of the manufactures first gen track came fully clipped with staggered guide clips the second generation came fully clipped with guides . There is a reason for this and should be even more looked at since these tracks are becoming more pliable .

When you see a track that shows threads on the outside edges it's more than likely because the track is rubbing on the tunnel because it has to flex and than there's some that just beat the holy tar out of them .

Out of curiosity tip the machine over so that it's held up by the side of the track and look in the tunnel on both sides ?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Polaris 3” track cut down to 129x11.5

31 pounds.

be5071d5e0a30252bc8a7d157d41b794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
called CMX today very friendly and helpful

these new track run $875.00 if anyone (like me ) was wondering

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
From CMX post $875 for 120, $900 for 129 and $925 for 137. I spoke to Mark a couple of weeks ago, he was hoping to have the 129 and 137 in early November to ship. I am very interested to hear some real world testing feed back once these tracks start to hit the snow.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Picked up my 137 tonight. They just came in. The 120s are in and the 129s are coming. I got the fifth 137 off the pallet and they are moving out the door. If you want one pull the trigger before you have to wait for the next shipment.

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
Do us all a favor and weigh it and the timbersled track on the same scale. Hope it works well for ya!

Got my stock track removed today.

2016 TS 120: 33lbs
CMX/Camso 120: 34.5lbs

The Camso will drop a little as I believe I need to do a little trimming for the chain groove. Waiting to hear back with details.

You can see my stock track on the left with the missing lug.

ed253f70cc20d0fdc60e88312df5cd8d.jpg

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
So who makes extensions for the 17 Timbersled st rail so we can put a 129 on a TS short track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Conditions are heavy and crusty , love this track . It flat out hooks up in these conditions . Ran the swamps with over flow in places and cutting across it was pretty much effortless . The lug design and spacing scoop and fling out the back like a paddle tire . When it gets a solid bite hang on , it does not like to fold over and slip .
Great day of riding , the sleds couldn't carve in this stuff for fear of getting tossed over the bar . Only picture I took heading back to hit the sack . As you can see the lugs are curved for a more nimble response out of the foot pegs ��

IMG_20171210_000749447.jpg

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Conditions are heavy and crusty , love this track . It flat out hooks up in these conditions . Ran the swamps with over flow in places and cutting across it was pretty much effortless . The lug design and spacing scoop and fling out the back like a paddle tire . When it gets a solid bite hang on , it does not like to fold over and slip .
Great day of riding , the sleds couldn't carve in this stuff for fear of getting tossed over the bar . Only picture I took heading back to hit the sack . As you can see the lugs are curved for a more nimble response out of the foot pegs ��

I have two rides on mine. You are so rite about hanging on. This track flat out grabs. You even some times have to stand over the bars. Was well worth the money for me.

Premium Features