• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New track? Read this before install

Massif master

Premium Member
Oct 10, 2018
Massif du Sud
Just received my new track Camoplast Extrême 155x2.5 pitch 2.86 to replace a de laminated series 6 Polaris track (where the idlers run on the inside, the rubber ripped off the rods in 3 places). Frankly, tracks should last more than one season, so I opted for the Camo 9104M albeit heavier. There is incredible amounts of extra rubber, like it was never trimmed coming out of the mold, impeding the path of the idlers and sprockets. Add to that lots of frayed nylon cords where the holes were punched. So, yes trim off that rubber with fine scissors and Dremel grit 80 and then burn the loose nylon filaments, and finally Armor all the whole thing and it may now have the finish of the series 6 track... You get what you pay for!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Just received my new track Camoplast Extrême 155x2.5 pitch 2.86 to replace a de laminated series 6 Polaris track (where the idlers run on the inside, the rubber ripped off the rods in 3 places). Frankly, tracks should last more than one season, so I opted for the Camo 9104M albeit heavier. There is incredible amounts of extra rubber, like it was never trimmed coming out of the mold, impeding the path of the idlers and sprockets. Add to that lots of frayed nylon cords where the holes were punched. So, yes trim off that rubber with fine scissors and Dremel grit 80 and then burn the loose nylon filaments, and finally Armor all the whole thing and it may now have the finish of the series 6 track... You get what you pay for!
Polaris replaced my series 8 track when the rubber came off the rods where the idlers run. They also replaced my series 6 track when it split through as it runs over the rear wheels. (same areas only one is on the rods and the other is between the rods)

Massif master

Premium Member
Oct 10, 2018
Massif du Sud
Sent pictures of the track to Polaris for warranty claim and waiting for a response... Like you, the rubber ripped off the rods where the idlers run in 4 places and other spots show delamination in same areas. That rubber is really thin 1/8 inch, and those wobbly front idlers don't help. I'm really careful about overheating issues, the hyfax look new, the clips have not discolored or accumulated melted hyfax, never had the overheating light come on... Makes you wonder...

Massif master

Premium Member
Oct 10, 2018
Massif du Sud
Finally, Polaris accepted the warranty claim saying my track was too tight or too loose, causing the damage..
The truth at last from my dealer is that the hard plastic rear idler just cut through the thin rubber over the rods... Notice that the new Matrix RMK uses rubber coated rear idlers... Dealer says if you want to kill your track, get those extra large rear idlers without rubber... I'm in for the new rubber rear idlers as is Polaris, since they will retrofit 21 RMK with new tracks and sprockets including the antistab wheelset and rubber rear idlers... Get yours!

Premium Features