• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Spindles Options

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
I have a 2007 M1000 with stock spindles. They are shot Rusted at the lower bolt to hold ski. Will not come out (sure I could beat the -ell out of it but not going too) Bolt seized into the inner spindle bushing, then bushing is seized to the spindle and wollered out. So my qeustion is what are my aftermarket options, I have Z Bros A Arms already and love them, NEW Cat is $120 each so Ill have $250.00 minimun. Can i get spindles only anywhere??? Thanks ahead of time!!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Once upon a time I think Fabcraft made aftermarket spindles, but not sure anymore. You may want to call and ask

-Stack

Scrubs

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2010
Alberta
I'm having the same problem on 11m8. Can't get the ski bolts out. Seized in the bushing. Bolt will turn but no movement side side. I did try beating it out with a fairly large hammer, but only succeeded in damaging the bolt. I was thinking of removing the spindle with the ski attached and then try to hammer it out with a punch while it's in the vise. Anyone found a non destructive method to repair? My spindles are still in great shape and don't want to replace if necessary. Have the BParks bushing kit on order as well to prevent reoccurrence.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i have always had good luck with an impact gun on one end and hammer on the other,(clockwise/counterclockwise...back and forth and she loosens up) and then lots of anti sieze on re-assembly. Have the weight of the sled on the ski and that may help the bushing from turning and the bolt may break free

should be tons of good spindles in swapmeets,i have two in great shape with a-arms because i put timbersled on when fairly new but i don't think im selling them yet..

Premium Features