• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New S and E module brace with skid plate from Zbroz Racing

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Got the parts today and welded up the skid plate portion. Installed a production piece on our XM and it fit like a glove, was very happy. Best part is the whole kit comes with both the S and E module braces for $112.00!! Here is the photos I have from today and I will start listing them ASAP for sale.

The E module brace is stainless steel where the S module portion is Aluminum.

If you want them powder coated white or black add $20 but we plan to sell them raw aluminum for now.

Let me know what you guys think?

Fits XP/ XM and XS models.

Front1.jpg Lower front1.jpg S bottom2.jpg E LT.jpg E RT1.jpg

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Good thoughts

Looks great, can you guys come up with something that braces the front bumper? One little hit and it rips the bumper outta the plastic and makes a mess....need something in there please

We do plan to offer a bumper soon but also plan to build some other new parts. All in due time I guess. Just trying to get time now to finalize the design. The concept we are looking at and tweaking is super cool looking and will be stronger than stock of course.

Z
Oct 30, 2013
I came across your brace/ skid plate kit and have a couple questions. First, the most popular product on dootalk is the grip n rip braces, in comparison to your product they have a web like structure to their brace and yours is a more simple design with thicker supports around and one cross support running perpendicular to the center line of the sled. I was wondering if you just found the webbing and a center line support to just be unnecessary for strength. It certainly seems like it would be easier to install. I like your design integrating a skid plate and was wondering if you have had any reports of the rivets shearing off where it attaches to the lower a arm/s mod brace. Also, with the E module brace being integrated into the ski plate have you had any reports of it being less strong than Grip and Rip e module brace, which is a separate piece of metal that attaches to the rear lower arm mounting and the bottom of the e module. I don't imagine it would be less strong since it is attached to the s module brace, but again I am wondering about rivets breaking. Last question for now, I am looking at the ski doo extreme skid plate for an XP renegade and was wondering if it would fit over your setup. I figure an extra layer of plastic protection can' hurt. I am new to ski doo and appreciate you answering my questions. Thanks!

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Bracing

In theory I think that makes sense but its not always the case. Most S mod breaks are from the lower a arm or spindle getting impacted in a specific way which drives force into the lower rear tube of the lower arm. With it being a cast piece it usually crack's before it just bends. We decided that because it make sense that the E mod takes load when these impacts occur, that we would just sell the braces as a package. Bracing the E mod just made sense to us so that is why its sold as a package.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Pair Bracing the S & E with some arms that are built with a weak link like the Alternative impact ones... and now there's no reason you should have a problem with the E module either...

The main reason these sleds fold up is that the arms are so stinking strong relative to the chassis. Fix that inequity & you've got a sled that's intelligently setup, they way it should have come from the factory.

Making the arms stronger, and the S weaker is a really stupid way to setup a sled imo... but that's just me, I prefer riding to replacing S mods myself.

It's a simple equation imo.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Looks good. If you hit any part hard enough, something's going to give. I can see the brace both the S and E modules as protecting both from the lesser impacts that might have bent one or the other anyway.

I REALLY like your price point on this!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Brings back the ZX days...

Hit the trailing arm too hard and u bend the tunnel.

Totaled sled instead of a 100$ fix.

Or... make too strong of a trailing arm, and bend the tunnel... make thetunnel stronger & arms weaker, and now you're not worrying about it.

The physics on this one are pretty simple man.

Premium Features