• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product: P-22 Billet Clutch Cover - Fire N Ice

Best Color Option

• Red

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Aluminum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

• Blue

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gun Metal

• Orange

• Purple

• Total voters

Fire-n-Ice Performance

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2008
SE Idaho
Hey Snowest Members,

We have a new available,: Fire N Ice P-22 7075 Billet Clutch Cover

Fits the new P-22 clutch available on the Polaris Matryx Boost and 9R.

• Lightest 7075 clutch cover available.
  • Lowest inertia P-22 cover - 20% lower than stock
  • Uses the most expensive 7075 super alloy.
  • 82% stronger material vs stock and 6061
  • Faster acceleration
  • Reach max rpm faster
  • Increased throttle response
  • Supports towers for better clutch performance
  • Increased surface area for cooler clutches - >5 deg cooler
  • Taller bushing for improved support and durability.- 9.2% increased surface
  • No compromise to longevity, durability or performance.
  • Covered by a 12 month warranty.
*This part is not effected by the clutch bolt recall.*

**Colors are available through pre-order only. Gun Metal Grey is the only in-season color.**

**Note: Parts are a pre-order and will ship on or before 11/1/22**

Gun-Metal-scaled.jpg

20220902_115201-scaled.jpg

20220902_115156-scaled-e1662495964984.jpg

Red-scaled.jpg

Purple-1-scaled.jpg

Fire-n-Ice Performance

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2008
SE Idaho
Also: we have built in 0.025" of extra clearance from our cover to the Spyder to get full shift. The clutch sheaves will now touch first (as it should be) before the cluch cover hits the spyder.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have! Beautiful part, installed easy and fit great! It performs as good as it looks! I have 10+ rides with no issues
So what difference did you notice?

You say “performs as good as it looks” did you change anything else on the sled at the same time?

Just looking for any way to quantify “performance gains”

J
Dec 13, 2015
Houghton, MI
The two biggest benefits and reasons I got the cover are probably not purely “performance”.
1. Strength, Polaris did a great job making the p-22 cover light, there wasn’t much left for the aftermarket to pull out as far as weight, but being the stock one is cast, it concerned me and a billet 7075 piece like this is without a doubt an upgrade. On high hp sleds like the boost, tower flex and deflection are a real thing.
2. Bushing upgrade. The stock bushing is held in by little indents made on the inside at the factory, no hard shoulder on either side and substantially thinner that the p-85. Anyone who owned a Turbo S RZR would know why this bushing design is bad news. The FNI bushing is quite a bit wider and is properly retains with a shoulder and retaining ring.

As far as being able the feel a few grams less weight on the primary, nothing major to note because I did their TI pins and bolts at the same time and those pull out more mass than the cover.

Fire-n-Ice Performance

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2008
SE Idaho
Great summary.

Our design approach to this cover was to make the strongest, lowest inertia(resistance to rotation or “rotating weight”), best cooling cover we could. Static weight was low on our priorities. We felt the P-22 would see the biggest performance improvements from from a stronger cover with better support vs just making a light cover

The two biggest benefits and reasons I got the cover are probably not purely “performance”.
1. Strength, Polaris did a great job making the p-22 cover light, there wasn’t much left for the aftermarket to pull out as far as weight, but being the stock one is cast, it concerned me and a billet 7075 piece like this is without a doubt an upgrade. On high hp sleds like the boost, tower flex and deflection are a real thing.
2. Bushing upgrade. The stock bushing is held in by little indents made on the inside at the factory, no hard shoulder on either side and substantially thinner that the p-85. Anyone who owned a Turbo S RZR would know why this bushing design is bad news. The FNI bushing is quite a bit wider and is properly retains with a shoulder and retaining ring.

As far as being able the feel a few grams less weight on the primary, nothing major to note because I did their TI pins and bolts at the same time and those pull out more mass than the cover.

bb900

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2008
saskatchewan
I've noticed the stock cover touches the spider. I wonder how much sheave clearance is left on the table.

alexkravets

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Portland
Hey Snowest Members,

We have a new available,: Fire N Ice P-22 7075 Billet Clutch Cover

Fits the new P-22 clutch available on the Polaris Matryx Boost and 9R.

• Lightest 7075 clutch cover available.
  • Lowest inertia P-22 cover - 20% lower than stock
  • Uses the most expensive 7075 super alloy.
  • 82% stronger material vs stock and 6061
  • Faster acceleration
  • Reach max rpm faster
  • Increased throttle response
  • Supports towers for better clutch performance
  • Increased surface area for cooler clutches - >5 deg cooler
  • Taller bushing for improved support and durability.- 9.2% increased surface
  • No compromise to longevity, durability or performance.
  • Covered by a 12 month warranty.
*This part is not effected by the clutch bolt recall.*

**Colors are available through pre-order only. Gun Metal Grey is the only in-season color.**

**Note: Parts are a pre-order and will ship on or before 11/1/22**

Gun-Metal-scaled.jpg

20220902_115201-scaled.jpg

20220902_115156-scaled-e1662495964984.jpg

Red-scaled.jpg

Purple-1-scaled.jpg

Do you have to balance the clutch after installation?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Most customer don't, and most clutch will still be in spec.
However it is required for our warranty and recommended because a balanced clutch always performs better.
I get it but basically most don't get warranty even though most are in spec. Just sounded funny when claming 12 month warranty and i couldn't find it on your site. I'm sure it's there. Might save a fight if it was in front of people.

Premium Features