• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW Nytro Front End Suspension by SKINZ

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Another couple weeks worth of riding and I will probably strip off my shocks and send them in for an upgrade and refit.

While I would love to fork out the $$$ and get all new, reality is, I will probably just have to make due with what I have.
??? Sounds like a quitter to me. Buy man, BUY!!!!

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
What about the differences between the 08 VS 09 and newer spindle ?

I think the 09 and newer spindle puts the ski back 1-2 inch or so ?

Have it been tested with the 08 spindle ?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
??? Sounds like a quitter to me. Buy man, BUY!!!!
Dude!
I want to install the SUPERCHARGER this summer.

I have to work on some kind of a budget or I will be eating nothing but RICE and BEANS all summer to support this addiction of mine!!:face-icon-small-hap

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
What about the differences between the 08 VS 09 and newer spindle ?

I think the 09 and newer spindle puts the ski back 1-2 inch or so ?

Have it been tested with the 08 spindle ?

Yamaha did move the ski mounting hole back ( the trail of the ski relative to the ball joint centerline ) about 3/4" after 08. Both spindles ( '08 and '10 ) have been tested with the new SPG front end this winter and work equally as well.

Another couple weeks worth of riding and I will probably strip off my shocks and send them in for an upgrade and refit.

While I would love to fork out the $$$ and get all new, reality is, I will probably just have to make due with what I have.

I have some more information on the Evol-R upgrade for existing Float 2 shocks. The upgrade kit has all of the features of the Evol-R with the exception of the shock dampening adjustment. The dampening adjustment controls how fast the shock rebounds after it has been compressed and is not a feature on the upgrade kit from Fox because it would require changing the actual shaft of the shock.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have some more information on the Evol-R upgrade for existing Float 2 shocks. The upgrade kit has all of the features of the Evol-R with the exception of the shock dampening adjustment. The dampening adjustment controls how fast the shock rebounds after it has been compressed and is not a feature on the upgrade kit from Fox because it would require changing the actual shaft of the shock.

NUTS.
Thats half the reason for the upgrade!!

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Well, I must say we had NO IDEA how popular this kit would be. Especially this late in the season!

If you are interested, we highly recommend you take a serious look at the PRE-ORDER buy in. It looks as though these kits will be VERY hard to get next season.

We also received word from Jeff that there will INDEED BE A 42" WIDE VERSION for the shorties as well as the XTX!!! It will have SWAYBAR MOUNTS, although we still don't feel they are necessary...

Reserve your kit today!

42" versions will be up on the site soon!

http://oftracing.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=227

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This conversion should be WILDLY popular next season.
Its one of those things that every Nytro rider knows is needed to make the sled better.

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
I'm confused about lack of supply for next season. If it is proving to be that popular already why can't they just build more during the summer in preparation for the upcoming season?

Im very interested in this kit but would like to wait for feedback from more riders before I buy it.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I'm confused about lack of supply for next season. If it is proving to be that popular already why can't they just build more during the summer in preparation for the upcoming season?

Im very interested in this kit but would like to wait for feedback from more riders before I buy it.

Here's the caveat to "just build more"... Skinz builds ALOT of different products for all of the brands. They have contracts with OEM's that have to be met, as well as a network of dealers that have to be supplied with their existing products each season.

The Concept front suspension is a "new" product to their line up that is not only surpassing demand expectations, but is extremely labor intensive to produce.

We are not saying these kits will not be available next season, but they may very well experience delayed delivery dates. It's a first come, first served world... OFT is just offering the opportunity to be "first served".

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That means they are FLYING OFF THE GRIDDLE as fast as you can make them!

Waiting for mine to show up one of these days from Skinz.

Hopefully in Yamaha Blue!

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
I would like to put a deposit on the new front end. Is black still available? What do i need to do so my fox float 2's will work? what width works the best for boondocking?

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
I would like to put a deposit on the new front end. Is black still available? What do i need to do so my fox float 2's will work? what width works the best for boondocking?

Scott thanks for the pm. I put my order in. I have the fox float 2 shocks, do i need to send them to you guy's to have them retrofitted and is the price $189.00????

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Scott thanks for the pm. I put my order in. I have the fox float 2 shocks, do i need to send them to you guy's to have them retrofitted and is the price $189.00????

When you're done riding, send us your shocks and we will upgrade them to the new spherical bearings and spacers. When the kits are delivered to us, ( mid to late June ) we will send everything back to you ready to bolt on.

The shock upgrade price for Floats is $189 which includes machining the shocks, installing the bearings, new spacers and return shipping.

If you order the SPG front end kit from us, ( like you did ) you will receive a 25% discount on the upgrade of the shocks.

Thanks for the order!!

Scott

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
When you're done riding, send us your shocks and we will upgrade them to the new spherical bearings and spacers. When the kits are delivered to us, ( mid to late June ) we will send everything back to you ready to bolt on.

The shock upgrade price for Floats is $189 which includes machining the shocks, installing the bearings, new spacers and return shipping.

If you order the SPG front end kit from us, ( like you did ) you will receive a 25% discount on the upgrade of the shocks.

Thanks for the order!!

Scott
Should we send our shocks now?????

Premium Features