• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New lodge in Caribou Hills - Info inside!

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
I finally made it to the CCL Lodge (Coles Clean Living) The waypoint is N59.87965 W151.09056. Its just a bit to the south west of Moose Horn Lake. There is a very clean bar down stairs and a nice dining area upstairs. Prices were reasonable and the service was good, Justin and Kasie Cole were nice and friendly. Its been a while since we had a place to stop in for a warm lunch, I hope we get some more snow as I'd like to get back there a couple more times this year. Their hours are 11am - 7pm. They do have fuel, or at least will in the future if they dont already, and they are planning on building some cabins this summer.

P1060587.JPG

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
Anyone going to the hills this weekend? If you do go, and you end up going to the lodge, and you have a Garmin gps, if you save your track and email it to me, I will combine it with mine so we can develop and publish a trail map. The Lodge is surrounded by private property, and the neighbors have expressed concern about tresspassing, so please be respectful and follow the signs and markers to the lodge.

Last edited:
L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
We went over on Saturday and had a great ride. It was windy and snowing but we were smiling and have a great time together. I will work on getting you my tracks. you will not want the ones on the way there;) but the way back was on the trail. The snow was hard and not very good at all;( We need more snow!!!

P1160482.jpg

P1160474.jpg

P1160483.jpg

P1150466.jpg

B
Dec 24, 2007
Its pretty easy to get there if you leave from the end of east End Rd also pretty easy once you get to Caribou Lake, Was out on Sunday much better snow off to the north west of the lake, lodge is sweet nice to have a destination, there will be monthly giveaways at the lodge consisting of FXR gear, SPY, Skull Candy and Stomp Design, killer dinner specials, FXR pullover prize in memorial of Shane Harrington during the Napa fun run everyone who makes it to the lodge which is a checkpoint will be entered to win this one will have to go back to the lodge to claim it. Check it out, worth the ride. It is surrounded by private property so be respectful .

Alex

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Went to the CCL lodge twice last week. Justin and Kasie are GREAT people with a nice place. We'll keep coming back to show our appreciation and support. If we were to give you guys our GPS tracks from the first trip over ~ you'd sure get a laugh... we played a lot on a very round about way of getting there.

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Do they even have rooms? Cant find a website, just a facebook page and theres nothing about room rates. Looking to go somewhere "different" next weekend. Thanks for any info.

A
Jan 27, 2010
They will have a cabin ready soon, also this summer they will be working on more rental cabins. There are places to rent on Caribou Lake, about 1 mile from them. Keep checking back on the facebook page, I know that they are doing as much as they can for now....at least we finally have a place to go to again!

kev_alaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
CCL Lodge

Time to bring this back. We spent the day with the Wounded Warriors and the SnoMads. Part of the trip was lunch at the lodge. Great food, atmosphere. Looks like they have a sweet setup with a great attitude towards what we do. They also spend a bunch of time working with the SnoMads grooming and maintaining the trails. Thanks for the hospitality.

kevin

Premium Features