• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Cat Seat going to hurt Boss Seat??

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
I just love how in 09 cat gives Boss all this business by using their seats, and in turn pisses alot of Boss customers off, cuz they have to wait months and months for backordered seats. Then in 2010 Cat comes out with their own High Rise seat costing Boss more sales. Not sayin Boss is gonna be hurt too bad by this, but with the economy the way it is, and Boss Seats being a luxury item for a rider, who's really gonna want to spend 600 bucks for one! Whats everyone think is going to happen to Boss??? :confused:

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
The new M seat lost 3.5 pounds and more than likely still hold water. So a Boss seat loses 5-7 pounds off the new seat and doesn't look special. It is a improvement but Boss will still sell quite a few seats IMO.

The fit and finish on the Boss seats leave something to be desired IMO though. Sure wouldn't hurt their sales but making the product better.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Gotta agree with boondock (even if he does ride one of those silly long track sleds!!) the new seats are high & look comfortable, but not enough weight loss to compare to a boss & LOOKS like not enough storage (I could be wrong about that though) If they're not too pricey I think some folks will buy one of those instead of a boss though.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I see the new seat in my future. Anyone want to buy my snocheck seat?

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
i dont see boss losing sleep over that seat..let alone buisness. boss seats will always be superior over any stocker.i saw the new boss seat for the dragon down at his shop the other day, sweet seat the polaris boys are going to love it..

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
When I saw the new seat I was wondering if they had boss build it for them. It makes sense that they would use the basic design, and change it enough that it doesn't infringe on pattent rights.

It looks like a cross b/t a Dragon seat, and a Boss seat. That's business.

I like the new Ms' They look nice.

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
I like the new seat, and from what i heard it will retail at like 300 bucks. But what i dont like is the tunnel, it just looks like they pulled the stock seat off and shortened it down, left tunnel as it was. Both the Poo and the Doo have long tunnels behind the seats, but they seem to go well together. The Cat just looks like it's missing something.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I like the new seat, and from what i heard it will retail at like 300 bucks. But what i dont like is the tunnel, it just looks like they pulled the stock seat off and shortened it down, left tunnel as it was. Both the Poo and the Doo have long tunnels behind the seats, but they seem to go well together. The Cat just looks like it's missing something.

I totally agree with you on that and nothing exciting again this year. :( When is cat going to come out with something BIG! Same $hit different year..

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
thank god, with the crap boss puts thier customers through will be glad to see them and thier WAY OVERPRICED seats out of business! saw on another thread the seat price from ac was posted at $299...

T

twistedtunnel

Dec 6, 2007
they might have to lower the prices.

If boss wants to sale some seats they should lower the prices and they would sale a hell of alot more seats. way to high you can damn near buy a furniture set for the price of one of them. there making way to much off them seats. Yes they are nice but the Yamahas are going to be the only guys buying them pretty soon for huge weight savings and exhaust applications.

B
Dec 21, 2006
I see Boss seats on XP's. I think they lose about 1.5lbs is all. They can't keep up with demand as is. I just hope that someone else comes up with a comparable product to that we have a choice.

Last edited:
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Supply and Demand dictates that Boss wouldn't lower their price. Call and order a seat in Nov, you won't see it until after the first of the year.
I have a boss seat now, and wouldn't trade it for the new M seat, however had my sled come with the new M-seat, I'm 99% sure that I wouldn't have spent the dough on the boss.

Premium Features