• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New bars for mtn strap?

R
Feb 29, 2016
Why would you have a $50 deductible for warranty work? I work at a dealership, and between here, warranty work on my truck and sled, I've never had to pay a deductible for warranty.

WTF does your truck warranty have to do with this?

If you read the warranty agreement for my '16 axys it states that the dealer will collect $50 for each warranty visit in the 2nd-4th years. I do not know why that is confusing, especially since I already responded about this once in this thread.

Do you work 7 days a week? And don't drive there, call someone, talk to their service manager, get an email and email him pictures of your vin, hours, miles, the sled, and a picture of the broken part. That is everything they need to input a warranty to claim to see if Polaris will approve it.

I have been working a steady 6 days a week and riding Sundays when the dealer is closed anyway.

I have talked to the service manager. He tells me he needs to have the sled.

Do you think I am just retarded and this is my first time son? I have had lots of sleds and since many of them have been Polaris sleds I have had quite a few warranty visits.

Thanks for the advice, run along now.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska

If you read the warranty agreement for my '16 axys it states that the dealer will collect $50 for each warranty visit in the 2nd-4th years. I do not know why that is confusing, especially since I already responded about this once in this thread.

I have been working a steady 6 days a week and riding Sundays when the dealer is closed anyway.

Do you think I am just retarded and this is my first time son? I have had lots of sleds and since many of them have been Polaris sleds I have had quite a few warranty visits.

I think you need to calm down buddy. I was stating an example with my truck and previous warranty experience. If you wanna take stabs maybe you should work on your personal skills with building a better relationship with your local dealer so they DO eat that $50 cost. If you talk to them like you are me I can see why they aren't doing you any favors. It's a forum, don't let it ruin your day chief.
Never said you were retarded or this was your first time but I quite literally just did this exact warranty claim last week. And I couldn't bring them my sled. Asked if pictures was okay and they relented and said yes. Forgive me for giving up an idea that I didn't know if you had exhausted. Jeez Louise.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming

:pop2:

R
Feb 29, 2016
I think you need to calm down buddy. I was stating an example with my truck and previous warranty experience. If you wanna take stabs maybe you should work on your personal skills with building a better relationship with your local dealer so they DO eat that $50 cost. If you talk to them like you are me I can see why they aren't doing you any favors. It's a forum, don't let it ruin your day chief.
Never said you were retarded or this was your first time but I quite literally just did this exact warranty claim last week. And I couldn't bring them my sled. Asked if pictures was okay and they relented and said yes. Forgive me for giving up an idea that I didn't know if you had exhausted. Jeez Louise.

I wasn't asking for your help with the warranty. I have already resigned myself on several occasions that it is easier and cheaper for me to order parts online and do my own repairs. The POS blown engine being the exception.

I need the small part separate from the whole bar assembly to make the repair. THAT is what the thread is about. That and how tired I am getting of this sled falling apart when it is nearly new still.

The dealers here are not very impressive. The closest one to me that I no longer use wasted 12 service visits and never did get the TPS adjusted correctly. It took two more dealers and four more visits before somebody could get it right. I changed dealers, that guy sold out. Another franchise opened but it is a long drive and even with the new motor they put in, runs poorly at best.

So lots of bad experiences recently fuelling this. The cure may have to be, calm down and buy a Cat...

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I bought the stock strap from the sled rental shop in Revelstoke. They said they get them from Polaris. They charged me $80, which I thought was fair. Took less than a minute to install. Take the bolts out, rip the old strap off, and put the new one in.

Premium Features