• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help M7 clutching guru's!!

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
More weight should make it feel a bit more torquee and will lower your engagement and peak RPM assuming both weights have the same profile.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
I thought those motors were supposed to run in the 7400 to 7500 range.......no?????????????

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Aaron,
When you reinstall that clutch cover, make sure you line the 2 dimples up so so it stays balanced.

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
Aaron,
When you reinstall that clutch cover, make sure you line the 2 dimples up so so it stays balanced.

Ditto! I was thinking about that after I posted my reply to Aaron. Thanks dmkhnr

D
Nov 28, 2007
If your leaving 1/2 inch on the primary check for spring bind. I am telling you all that if you run a primary spring that is not AC it will hang up in the spider. IF the paint is warn off the primary spring chances are it is binding up.

To test this run the sled up to speed let off the flipper then nail it again. IF you mph better your cramming the spring in to the spider cup. We have bee trimming the cup out to the braces and there is nothing holding the stock clutching back at all.

It can be cut on the sled with a porting template. We have cut a few just on a lath with the spider still in the clutch. Ahh ya that is a 036 at full shift.

Don.

springbind2007.jpg springcup.jpg springcup2.JPG cutspider.jpg fullshift2.jpg

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
Rich, and anyone else looking for a arctic cat gold primary spring. It's rated at 75-285 lbs. If you cant find one, look at slp's springs. they make some black/pink and others that might work well also.

S
Nov 29, 2007
hey need clutching help 06 M7 153 efi ,v-force 3 reeds,mbrp can, d and d y-pipe, boondocker control box, sno pro mesh air box, ride 4500-7000ft

Premium Features