• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff Pots?

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Where are you guys mounting your muff pots on the Proclimb chassis? Thinking of buying but not sure if a muff pot is doable. Pictures would be awesome.

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
You can mount it sitting horizontal on the pipe just before it turns 90 degrees and goes into the can.

Beware, the mount is made out of thin aluminum and the tabs can break off. This happened on my mount after 2 rides and the manufacturer flat ignores me. I call them and they tell me they will call back within 1 hour and they never call back.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Thought about mounting mine above my clutch guard on the back side of the pipe. Haven't tried it yet but might be worth looking at. If it fits the only downside I see is it would get hot quick there may burn food too easily.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Mine is strapped to my Diamond S can. I'd buy a can just to have a muff pot if I had to!

My first BMP muffler was smaller in diameter and the aluminum mount cracked after the first season. My Diamond S is larger and the mount seems to fit it much better. No sign of cracking yet so I recommend mounting it on the largest radius you can.

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
Just buy a Thing Cooker can from the Sled Shed in Revy

Premium Features