• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MtnTk ARO Tunnel cooler

shortstuff

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Rigby, ID
So I thought I'd give a little review. Weve been running a yz250 with a 295 big bore and a ktm 380 with aro 129s. We have 130 degree thermostats installed with carb heaters for the bypass. In normal good fluffy snow conditions we dont have a problem with temps. Unless its a really long hard pull for an extended time or running down a groomed trail then temps start to rise. With spring snow conditions where we dont get any snow contacting the engine is when we started to see overheating temps just riding casually. So we contacted mtntk and had them make us two of their aro tunnel coolers. With the coolers installed our temps never rose past the 130 degrees of the thermostat. Perfect consistent temps all day. No matter what! Our first trip out I wanted to put them to test so we ran a hard packed groomed trail for over 10 miles. Temps never rose above our thermostat. I was impressed!! In the past I never would've made it down that trail without my temps reaching 200 degrees or more. Next test was some long hard climbing pulls up big wide open hills with hard spring snow. Not normal snowbike riding but I wanted to test these coolers. The highest temp we seen was 3 or 4 degrees past our thermostats but never any more. These same climbs without the coolers and our bikes were puking antifreeze just over half way up. The install was easy, fit the aro tunnel perfectly, quality was awesome. The kit came with a cooler, rivets, hose, and clamps. I know the four strokes we ride with dont have much problem with overheating. But our two strokes have always built more heat and reach boil over temps. Overall im very happy with the coolers and the ability to ride without any worry about my temps again.
37bcb601f8bbebd75306bdcf086c0753.jpg
30872199372fd0762fc6197a90a1b67e.jpg
17fce3c729da82567d5f68f44ba9d5b2.jpg
fa2b423b6ba6ecb03d26ee5ef6993384.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

E
Dec 19, 2007
So I thought I'd give a little review. Weve been running a yz250 with a 295 big bore and a ktm 380 with aro 129s. We have 130 degree thermostats installed with carb heaters for the bypass. In normal good fluffy snow conditions we dont have a problem with temps. Unless its a really long hard pull for an extended time or running down a groomed trail then temps start to rise. With spring snow conditions where we dont get any snow contacting the engine is when we started to see overheating temps just riding casually. So we contacted mtntk and had them make us two of their aro tunnel coolers. With the coolers installed our temps never rose past the 130 degrees of the thermostat. Perfect consistent temps all day. No matter what! Our first trip out I wanted to put them to test so we ran a hard packed groomed trail for over 10 miles. Temps never rose above our thermostat. I was impressed!! In the past I never would've made it down that trail without my temps reaching 200 degrees or more. Next test was some long hard climbing pulls up big wide open hills with hard spring snow. Not normal snowbike riding but I wanted to test these coolers. The highest temp we seen was 3 or 4 degrees past our thermostats but never any more. These same climbs without the coolers and our bikes were puking antifreeze just over half way up. The install was easy, fit the aro tunnel perfectly, quality was awesome. The kit came with a cooler, rivets, hose, and clamps. I know the four strokes we ride with dont have much problem with overheating. But our two strokes have always built more heat and reach boil over temps. Overall im very happy with the coolers and the ability to ride without any worry about my temps again.
37bcb601f8bbebd75306bdcf086c0753.jpg
30872199372fd0762fc6197a90a1b67e.jpg
17fce3c729da82567d5f68f44ba9d5b2.jpg
fa2b423b6ba6ecb03d26ee5ef6993384.jpg

Nice how is the 380 running for you? Are you still using radiators too? I just put a rear cooler from an 06 summit in my riot. it fit perfect but I changed angle of the spigots to 45.

shortstuff

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Rigby, ID
The 380 is running really good. Close to 500 performance without the vibrations. Been a fun bike for sure. And yes we left the radiators on mainly just for ease of installation and plumbing. Definitely dont need the radiators though.

Premium Features