• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

moving a hawk ski wheel kit cheap mod

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
this was my cheap idea to move hawks and bikes without using a cart type lift.

used a 2x6 and cut to fit in ski channel cut some holes for the wheels to fit into the 2x6 and bolt together.. put a coulple straps on it to hold to ski and yur done. works good on shop floor.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
This is what I made.

snowhawk1150.jpg

I need something for the track also.

H
Dec 18, 2009
I came up with the next years model of Les's lol Its easy, cheap to make and actually works surprisingly well. You have to be a little careful pushing it sideways though cause if the ski turns either way, your hawk will almost fall over. I learned that the hard way. It would definitely benefit from adding the side stabilizers like TCSKIBIKE made. But I found if you use your foot to keep the ski straight it works great too.
Thanks Les. Great idea!

DSCN1133.jpg DSCN1134.jpg

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
problem with casters is

you cant sit on and drive it like my wheel kit. they all work so each your own.

I came up with the next years model of Les's lol Its easy, cheap to make and actually works surprisingly well. You have to be a little careful pushing it sideways though cause if the ski turns either way, your hawk will almost fall over. I learned that the hard way. It would definitely benefit from adding the side stabilizers like TCSKIBIKE made. But I found if you use your foot to keep the ski straight it works great too.
Thanks Les. Great idea!

S
Apr 30, 2008
Enumclaw, WA
A new style skate board?

this was my cheap idea to move hawks and bikes without using a cart type lift.

used a 2x6 and cut to fit in ski channel cut some holes for the wheels to fit into the 2x6 and bolt together.. put a coulple straps on it to hold to ski and yur done. works good on shop floor.

You have just invented the single track skate board! Death to 4 wheel skateboards! LOL

N
Dec 3, 2009
My solution to moving my hawk

This is what I made to move my hawk around and driving it in and out of the trailer. It goes under the front ski.

SSPX0788.jpg SSPX0791.jpg

H
Nov 6, 2009
This is what I made to move my hawk around and driving it in and out of the trailer. It goes under the front ski.

That is a good design,
I wanted to do something like that, with big wheels to
push over the grass to bring it the backyard in the summer.
you mind if i do something that resembles it?

I've already priced the tires at 25$ each at Princess Auto

Can you send a clear shot of the front and the one for the track..

Pred03 would want to see this too

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Here's my version.
Not that cheap to build, quite a bit of welding work involved but you can literally drive this in a muddy/rocky parking lot 'til you hit the snow (or ride your 503 around your house in the summer if you want). I load my Hawk in my trailer using this thing !

Won't sidehill that good !
Not too good to rotate the hawk around in a garage though.
Will only work with the stock set back ski adaptor.

TLKD front ski dolly.jpg Front Dolly 003.jpg

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
Thierry STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i knew there had to be a cad designed version of everyone elses 2x4 with rollerblade wheels! do you have a version that keeps the ski on it?

H
Nov 6, 2009
Here's my version.
Not that cheap to build, quite a bit of welding work involved but you can literally drive this in a muddy/rocky parking lot 'til you hit the snow (or ride your 503 around your house in the summer if you want). I load my Hawk in my trailer using this thing !

Won't sidehill that good !
Not too good to rotate the hawk around in a garage though.
Will only work with the stock set back ski adaptor.

That is a great design too,

I think BHawk wants you to stop divulging your design

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
haha

i just want thierry to give his mind a rest! if its anything the rest of the human body he is either gonna wear it out or break it by the time he's 30! damn kid is a jeanious! see, my mind is going...cant spell anymoore

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
i just want thierry to give his mind a rest! if its anything the rest of the human body he is either gonna wear it out or break it by the time he's 30! damn kid is a jeanious! see, my mind is going...cant spell anymoore

Guys, my dolly is made to work with the ski on !!! The photo is with the ski off as I was rebuilding the machine, "of course"...

I gave my mind plenty of rest yesterday when I sidehilled up to 60-65 degree slopes/gullies all afternoon in Revy again. Best day of the year so far, took my machine in areas I would never thought possible. Through handlebar wide trees ans super tech riding. Got the clutching dialed in yesterday. The machine keeps impressing me, comes out of the snow like a dolphin out of the water. Sheared my chain's connecting link though going up :face-icon-small-fro... good thing I had a spare...

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC

I already think it's a miracle I made it to 27... And I already feel pretty old. Good thing there's plenty of inspiring Hawk riders here well into their 30s, 40s and 50s, reminds me that if you pay attention and have a young heart, you can ride good even if you're 72... but you better have relocation brackets !!! LOL

Premium Features