• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mother nature is a bit*h

sledsnowco

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2009
colorado
Have faith my friends, god will provide. The winter of 08 we didn't have any snow till dec 5th, and it turned out to be epic and long. In the meantime pray for snow Tebow style!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Have faith my friends, god will provide. The winter of 08 we didn't have any snow till dec 5th, and it turned out to be epic and long. In the meantime pray for snow Tebow style!

This is true. That was one of the snowiest Decembers on record if I am not mistaken. It was 09-10 that sucked bad, 10-11 was good and 11-12 was the worst in history. So, if the pattern holds true then this season will be good.

I hope.

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Here's my take. Does anyone but me see that winter is shifting a little. What I mean is it seems to start a little later in the year but is lasting longer into spring. It just seems our calender is a little off and winter has just shifted later. Maybe we all need to adjust to what is given us and plan on starting later and riding later. Come the 1st of April up here activity really drops off and it is some of the best riding of the year, even last year that really sucked.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Marc, I have been thinking that for the last few years. I have never ridden in November or early December for that matter. I know what's under the snow and getting a few laps in early just isn't worth the risk of totalling a sled or myself.

And BWA HA HA HA HA! I heard he's just carrying an extra tube of Polaris glue.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Mark - Togwotee and Alpine seem to have more snow than we do here...and the storm that's tracking off the pacific northwest right now is going to hit them and totally miss CO. Hence, we are heading North my friend!

As for the sled...not taking the 2013 until Polaris figures this $hit out! I'll be danged if I am driving 10 hours one way and putting on 15 miles and then getting pulled out;) I'll be slumming it with my 2012...at least it only grenades primary clutch springs and those can be easily repaired in the field:)

Peace

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Marc, I have been thinking that for the last few years. I have never ridden in November or early December for that matter. I know what's under the snow and getting a few laps in early just isn't worth the risk of totalling a sled or myself.

And BWA HA HA HA HA! I heard he's just carrying an extra tube of Polaris glue.

And hey...don't you remember the time I rode your sled out while YOU pulled me with someone else's sled??????? I took many face shots that day limping that stupid Ski-Doo out!!

Guess it's your year to come get me out of the backcountry;)

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Here's my take. Does anyone but me see that winter is shifting a little. What I mean is it seems to start a little later in the year but is lasting longer into spring. It just seems our calender is a little off and winter has just shifted later. Maybe we all need to adjust to what is given us and plan on starting later and riding later. Come the 1st of April up here activity really drops off and it is some of the best riding of the year, even last year that really sucked.

well, last season wolf creek got over 4 feet of snow at the very beginning of october and the ski area was in full operation on oct 7. it was one of their earliest openings in history

Premium Features