• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More work on the RT1000

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Well I'm waiting to gather funds for some more parts but wanted to work on the sled anyway. I had some experience on my old M-sled with the skid packing so full of snow that the suspension would stop working. Everyone I ride with runs ported tracks and never had this trouble so I decided to do it. Only trouble is that I could not decide if I wanted three holes or two. I ended up doing two 1" holes every other opening and then three 1" on all the others. After finishing the only thing I would change is that I would have put the three holes behind the large center lug rather then in the front, chances are there would be no differance at all.

I figure this will release the snow over nearly the whole surface of the skid. And for those that argue that the benifit is in weight savings, I call BS the weight of all the plugs minus the dust from cutting was barely one pound. As for rolling easier...only slightly, my track is set at 1" of sag with the skid in the air.

I used a small piece of aluminum flat bar with pilot holes drilled at each location and the end bent 90 degrees so I could hook it into the driver window and pilot drill each hole to make sure it ended up uniform.

Pics make every thread better so here you go.

100_0491.jpg

100_0492.jpg

Premium Features