• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Members Map for Mt. Saint Helens

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
I've been playing around with google maps and started a trail/points of interest map for Mt. Saint Helens.

Anybody that has a google account and clicks the link below can edit and/or add to the map.
Hopefully some of the locals and regulars will help out and get this new map setup.
Click this link: Helens Map

I encourage all to participate as it will be beneficial to all!

Placing a Marker:
Please zoom in on the map to accurately locate your marker point.
To add a pin:
simply click the pin (Add A Marker) located right below the search bar and just to the right of the little hand. Your cursor should turn to a "+" that you locate where you want the pin then simply click your mouse. Then you can label the pin.
To draw a line:
Click on the draw a line tab located right below the search box. Click on the map to start the line, click everywhere that you want to change direction, and double click to finish the line. Then you can click the paint can to change the color and thickness of your line.

If you click the drop tab by "Base Map" at the bottom of the info box, you can select Satellite (shows trees and open areas), Terrain(Topo View), Street Map, ect to change the map.

In the info box on the left side, hover over a line or pin to see where it's located on the map. Click and more info will pop up on the map.

Thanks for any that add to this map.

I hope everyone gets tons of snow and has a safe riding season!

Last edited:

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Thanks for your GEEK SMARTS now if I can figure out how to contribute even following directions? Some day I might even figure out how to post a picture??? Interested in pink line red rock @ contribution if possible for another spring ride conditions work out this winter now ??? THANKS l<>l !!!

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Sheep canyon and Ape Canyon are not labeled. Neither it the route from the east side to the west side, passing above the tree line on the south side.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Sheep canyon and Ape Canyon are not labeled. Neither it the route from the east side to the west side, passing above the tree line on the south side.

I'm not sure where any of those are. Can you mark them on the map? Pretty simple on a desktop, but tough on phones.

Also, does anyone know where the sugar bowls are?
I've heard of them but no idea where they are.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Someone deleted everything

Well I guess someone didn't like the idea of shared riding areas and deleted everything off the map:face-icon-small-dis

Too bad, it was fun watching it expand, but I'm not going to redo it all.

I'll see if there's anyway to restore it, but I'm not very tech savvy

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Thanks for nothing, but that that's the new information of the old days, now it's SOCIAL MEDIA!!!! Sheesh TECHNOLOGY and SOMEBODY is smarter A$$ NOW! Rant over but thanx for trying??l<>l !!!

Premium Features