• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx Shock Options

F
Jul 27, 2014
Fresno
Looking for full set of shocks for Matryx 146, 155

What are folks running? Raptor seems most common in central valley california

I have always ran elka shocks on my SxS and ATV. Elka does not yet make shocks for the matryx. I spoke with them about a 10 set order to get them to develop them.
Overlook the order min requirements but is elka on previous sleds meeting expectations? are other brands performing or price points the drivers for getting those?

I run fox air shocks on my sleds currently, I have had great luck with EXIT shocks.

• If i do an elka testing week and order a 10 set pack of elka shocks would the crew here be interested if i can get them all at intro pricing to folks?

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Raptor might be good now. I ran them on two sleds a few years back. Never could get them right for me.
I’ve had great luck with revalved velocity WE. I have bent a couple ski shocks though. My favorite are the fox qs3. Three clickers is so much better than a ton of little clicks. I have the poor man’s coil version.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I like the fox coil. The price is good and they work really well. Like said above. 3 clicks instead of 10 or more. Plus it frees up money for other things.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I have the Velocities revealed by Carl's and am pleased. You can use the stock springs except for the FTS.

All that being said, I'd have a serious chat with Carl's about revalving my monotubes. I don't care about trail bumps and don't imagine there's a ton of heat fade off trail so I sometimes wonder what the reservoirs are really giving me that a good revalve/tune wouldn't

Premium Features