• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-series Cromoly A-Arms, opinions?

rsp111

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bent a stock set, looking at after market set, Holtz, Fabcraft, any others? Opinions?

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
Racers Edge in Alberta Canada make some too. I beleive they are available through Specialty Sleds in Edmonton. If not then through Arctic Edge Motorsports in Hillcrest Mines.

I will be putting them on mine when I bent my stock ones.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
money and destruction

the killer on the chrome moly arms is if you can't keep out of the rocks, the next hit ususaly will take your bulkhead............and the arms.

The soft gushy water pipe arms are there for a purpose, to protect riders from themselves.

We've all dinged our arms and most of us are lucky to just replace the arms and not restitch up a bulkhead. A lot of the after market arms are way stronger than stock and a little lighter. but don't be taking any direct hits.

I've built arms super light, and super strong, and had the best luck with the super light very thin wall chrome moly arms cause when I hit the unmovable the arms snapped, and I limped home. When I made the indestructable chrome moly arms, couple of guys came back with their arms intack, spindle and ski still attached and right side of M series bulk head missing.

When you hit the stockers, they usually bend, mush up, take your shock rod, $225 and one evening back in bussiness, your choice.

rsp111

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Well I think you conviced me to stay stock, I don't usually have problems with A-arms, these bent due to the PDD Ski's, the rubber ski damper kept falling out and the ski would dive into the snow making for a quick stop. Got rid of those, so I shouldn't have any other issues.

rsp111

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The Pdd ski's did seem good on the trail, but I don't recomend them for the M-series, the rubber dampener under the spindal seems to go missing and cause's all sorts of problems, bent a-arms for instance.

Premium Features