• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx Shredder DS4100 - Valemount BC

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
So impressed with the Turbo R motor and the the lynx suspension is incredible. I felt that the 15" lynx track didnt have near as much hook up as the new Gen5 skidoo track so i put that and drivers on to stop the track from ratcheting. I also installed a 150/350 primary spring to drop the engagement a few hundred RPM. Went to a multi-angle helix and different secondary spring. I ran this on clicker 2 and the response was considerably better then stock and didnt fade as bad on longer wide open pulls.

C
Nov 9, 2022
South Idaho
So impressed with the Turbo R motor and the the lynx suspension is incredible. I felt that the 15" lynx track didnt have near as much hook up as the new Gen5 skidoo track so i put that and drivers on to stop the track from ratcheting. I also installed a 150/350 primary spring to drop the engagement a few hundred RPM. Went to a multi-angle helix and different secondary spring. I ran this on clicker 2 and the response was considerably better then stock and didnt fade as bad on longer wide open pulls.

What helix angles are you running and secondary Spring?

K
Apr 12, 2018
Thanks for putting out there what mountain riders know and have been bashed on about. The 16 wide track definitely works better. Hands down. These keyboard warriors though will say you're wrong. The new turbo doos sound like they aren't even laboring in the deep snow and basically rip thru the deep powder. Good choice on your part.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The occasional track ratchet might be a blessing on the G5 ? I jumped a lip while climbing and came down fully boosted like a bonehead… I’m fairly confident I would have grenaded the chaincase had the track not ratcheted.

How do you like the handling vs the Doo? I was sure impressed with the Lynx.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
The occasional track ratchet might be a blessing on the G5 ? I jumped a lip while climbing and came down fully boosted like a bonehead… I’m fairly confident I would have grenaded the chaincase had the track not ratcheted.

How do you like the handling vs the Doo? I was sure impressed with the Lynx.
I was on polaris for 20 yrs. I liked my boost, but wanted to try something different. This is my first BRP sled. It took 2 full days to get used to the steering and foot placement. Now i feel real confident on the sled. The skidoo feels similar but not as precise or plush in the rear end. I can feel the extra weight with the Shredder, but feel its worth it for the stronger rear skid.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Thanks for putting out there what mountain riders know and have been bashed on about. The 16 wide track definitely works better. Hands down. These keyboard warriors though will say you're wrong. The new turbo doos sound like they aren't even laboring in the deep snow and basically rip thru the deep powder. Good choice on your part.
I'll keep my 15w on mine. If you already know it then who cares. That is also why a couple of my buddy's were complaining also. More effort to get on edge with a 34 inch front end.

Premium Features