• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx 2022 4100 review

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
I just came back from Island Park for 4 days of some fun sledding on my new 2022 Lynx 4100 (thank you DOG HOUSE MOTORSPORTS of Wenatchee WA). I have a little over 200 miles on it at 44% break in left and still more time this season to fully get through the break in period. I figured most of you have seen the info about this sled online, so no need to go there about the stat's. The days we were there gave me a great opportunity to learn the characteristics of the sled, from deep snow to side hilling, boon docking, hammering the whoop's, trails and icy roads. When riding the first thing I noticed was how much farther up on the boards I needed to be (unlike my 17 Gen 4) to find the balance point. This took some time to get use to, but as time went on I did and that makes such a difference on how the sled handles when riding. In deep snow this sled ROCKS! We were in areas of 3 to 4 feet of light powder and with the newer style of skis made it very easy to stay on top of the snow when carving or crossing other trenches and the approach angle of the skid gets the Lynx moving just fine. I was very surprised on how easy it was to ride in deep snow. The down fall to this is when you get stuck and trench the rear down 5 plus feet the short tunnel makes it a challenge to lift the rear end up to get out. Side hilling is fun on this sled also, you just lean into it and it seems to hold the line very well, even with the newer skis. If the snow was set up some, it might be a little difficult to get them to dig in. The second day we headed to Two Top, this was more of a trail ride day more than anything. We did play in some areas that the snow wasn't set up to much but mainly trails. As riding I notice something that I was not used too, NO DARTING from the ski's. It seems like the XP, XM and Gen 4 all darted quite a bit on hard pack and ice. Maybe this was the ski's on these sleds but on the Lynx I did not notice it or if it did a little it was un noticeable to me. During the day I was looking for bumped out areas on the sides of the trails to put this sled through the test for me! Being a ex- motocross racer I like to hammer the bumped out areas to dial in my suspension for hard hits or everyday sledding. IMO, sorry Summit your suspension does not equal the Lynx! Yes the new rear suspension does work and it works very well, and for Summit to still use a design that has been around since 08? and can still get on a 22? This sled seems very balance with the front and back suspension working together. The way the front of the sled is design you would think that not having some type of wind protection you be getting wind on you all the time. I noticed that when I did sit down the wind didn't really hit me like it does on my Gen 4 (windbreaker on) in the chest area, nice surprise! So far liking the Lynx! On day 3 we boondocked most of the day in the trees with blue bird sky's. The Lynx is very nimble in the trees, and feel this is were the short tunnel comes into play. With what I said earlier about the balance of the Lynx, when carving in somewhat set up snow with no snow flap and the shorten tunnel, makes this easy going. On the snow flap, do it work? yes it does! but do not follow to close or you might be hit with a ice chunk! almost seems worst then having no flap at all, but who knows. I ran my ice scratchers down all the time so this could have been some of the flying snow chunks. Now the things that I had a problem with, my shot starter went out on the 2nd day, I had some bolts come lose and lost and the flap on the back one of the bolts sheared off lost the other on the same side as well as the 3" bracket that holds the flap. Also pay attention to the side pane on the exhaust side, I noticed the muffler is very close to the panel and with out the heat shield foil on this, you will burn a hole in the panel (new can?)
Just to fill you in on me I am 5' 8" 58 years young and have been sledding since 1998, I ride aggressive but also like to do family rides and like to help others out in our sledding family with what I can or know. This review is just what I thought of the new Lynx and trying to pass some info on. I was looking into getting a new sled this year and Skidoo disappointed me again with the same OLD DESIGN REAR SUSPENSION until the Lynx hit the show room floor. Saw it on Thursday, bought it on Friday on my way to Island Park and feel this sled fits me perfect for what I like to doo. If you decide to pull the trigger on the Lynx, you will not be disappointed and dollar for dollar IMO better then the Summits, but only time will tell!!!!

Thx
Mike
Snowhunter1

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Awesome review, makes me more excited that I ordered a lynx. I ordered a 3900, I'm a off trail rider in the UP of Michigan. On the side panel is their foam or do you need to add more heat tape? I'm over the cans, I like stock exhaust. I also have a 2020 Summit 154 and I absolutely love that thing so the stuff you said about the suspension sounds sweet!

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Awesome review, makes me more excited that I ordered a lynx. I ordered a 3900, I'm a off trail rider in the UP of Michigan. On the side panel is their foam or do you need to add more heat tape? I'm over the cans, I like stock exhaust. I also have a 2020 Summit 154 and I absolutely love that thing so the stuff you said about the suspension sounds sweet!
There is foil padded heat shielding on the inner side of the side panels

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
A couple of things I forgot (and I'm sure there is more) the clutching was good to go straight out of the box and this sled rides light! If you get a chance try it

Premium Features