• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loud Exhaust On Snowmobiles... Is there a place for this anymore?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
...Any of the "won't help pull you out when your stuck" snobs aren't any better than the sierra club snobs imo.

Nah, I just like to keep my hearing and I have the freedom to choose what I lose it to, and it's not to a buddy's loud, aftermarket exhaust. Ha. :) Everyone can make that decision for themselves and it absolutely doesn't put a person in the same league as a group trying to close our riding areas. That comparison was exaggerated to an extreme degree, wouldn't you say?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
We just sued a local forest over BS closures. Please don't confuse me or the people I work with of being on the side of anyone but snowmobilers. :)

Last edited:
S
Aug 28, 2017
oregon
Nah, I just like to keep my hearing and I have the freedom to choose what I lose it to, and it's not to a buddy's loud, aftermarket exhaust. Ha. :) Everyone can make that decision for themselves and it absolutely doesn't put a person in the same league as a group trying to close our riding areas. That comparison was exaggerated to an extreme degree, wouldn't you say?

Ok, fair enough. It may have been but your smart enough to know the point i was making.

C
Jan 14, 2020
We just sued a local forest over BS closures. Please don't confuse me or the people I work with of being on the side of anyone but snowmobilers. :)

Hell, I'll donate and i'll never drive over that far west for riding anyways.
You are the few who are fighting the real battle vs many loud(mouths) doing nothing, especially on this forum

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Hell, I'll donate and i'll never drive over that far west for riding anyways.
You are the few who are fighting the real battle vs many loud(mouths) doing nothing, especially on this forum

I don't know where you are but if it's forest service land you're on, these decisions here will eventually make their way your direction. The are the first but when your forest(s) decides to pick up travel management projects for snowmobiles, these are going to be the templates. Part of the motivation to stop this horrendous stuff from going through is to keep it from becoming precedent. It's not just about here.

And thanks a ton! We're gonna need it.

Premium Features