• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost & Found or Stolen 2009-10

T

TalkAK

Jan 11, 2008
Talkeetna, AK
So this has never happened to me...... I found someones trailer ramp today. If you can describe it "in detail" and tell me what highway you were on its yours. I know personally that it sucks to get home and realize you are out 300 bucks or 6 hours of fabricating. Send me a note. And if anyone found mine last year, enjoy.... it was 3 weeks old.

Last edited:
W
Feb 27, 2008
well i lost mine last spring at pville.bonebreaker zack pmd me to let me know he saw it.went up the following wk end and couldent find it.its aluminum(obviously)black runners on the outside.just black plastic.L channel for the track grip.has 2 aluminum tabs with bolts thru them where it hooks to trailer.it also has gate style hardware on the bottom to hold it in place under trailer.if u dont use it...it will fall out!!!

T

TalkAK

Jan 11, 2008
Talkeetna, AK
Nope not it, it would be sweet if the person who found yours lost it and you got it back. The one I lost was a brand new Aluma ramp, always wondered how far I dragged it down the road. Noel Wien Rd. up in the Talkeetna area.

Feb 19, 2009
This is just to let you all know that there is a huge rash of trailers and sleds being stolen right now throughout the Anchorage bowl area.
I woke up this morning to find my truck broken into and the ignition totally destroyed by these loosers trying to steal my truck with my trailer attached. :mad:
Here are a couple of photos of their handy work! I think the only thing that saved my truck and sleds was the remote start and lock on the tie down bars.
BASTARDS!!

Make sure you are locking your toys up in a secure location.

DoorHandle LoRes.JPG Ignition LoRes.jpg LockOnTieDown LoRes.JPG

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
This is just to let you all know that there is a huge rash of trailers and sleds being stolen right now throughout the Anchorage bowl area.
I woke up this morning to find my truck broken into and the ignition totally destroyed by these loosers trying to steal my truck with my trailer attached. :mad:
Here are a couple of photos of their handy work! I think the only thing that saved my truck and sleds was the remote start and lock on the tie down bars.
BASTARDS!!

Make sure you are locking your toys up in a secure location.

Damn dude you got lucky. I keep my **** in the garage, then load up that morning.

Feb 19, 2009
Trust me, I know that I'm very lucky that I still have all our stuff. Truck will be in the shop until next Friday though. :(
We usually store the trailer in sleds in a secure lot, however when we got back into town to late it was closed.

I wish someone would catch one of these bastards in the act and shoot them right in the nuts! :mad:

S
Jan 6, 2010
LOST -- Saturday 9 Jan -- Petersville -- East/West Express --

Lost/Ripped off my snow flap on a Rev on Saturday, anywhere from 2-5miles in from the east/west express parking lot. Was riding in all the surrounding swamps within that distance in from the parking lot. It is black with yellow SkiDoo logo, just bought it because I ripped my last one off as well out there!!! Not having good luck with snow flaps apparently...

Will be willing to pay a recovery fee. Hate to spend another $90...thats 2 in the last few weeks. If anyone saw one laying around and picked it up let me know.

Otherwise, let it snow, let it snow :)

R
Dec 12, 2008
Valdez, Ak
Anybody Lose something on an Eagle River ride recently

Seen this posted on the Outdoor Forum.

Quote:
"I recovered an item on Eagle River today that I am sure that someone would like to have back. I do not want to say much about it but I am betting that it may have been a Christmas present. If you would like to have it back and can identify the item, I will be more then happy to give it back. I hope you have the serial number because that would make it real easy for me to return it quickly. No guessing please......if I am in doubt I will then turn it over to APD and you can work it thru them.

I know a snowmachiner lost it as I found it in your tracks when you stopped for a break. At least you didn't pee on it, close thou.

Also is posted on Craigslist."

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php?t=71278

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
Great thread and it is refreshing to see other honest riders doing the right thing! I left my a back up sled at the firemans parking lot a few weeks ago to go ride Lost Lake and some A hole stole the five gal of gas I had tied down on her. I was mad but at least they did not take the sled:) I tend to be to trusting these days, hoping that other riders think and act like I do.

Keep up the great lost and found work!!!

Lost tank bag in Gunsight Mtn area

Hi, my black tank bag came of without me noticing it, we loaded the machines after 35 miles of riding and playing, and then I noticed it's gone. I went to look for it, but no luck. There is a pair of gauntlets in it, stack of maps, emergency stuff, some tools I think....
Please let me know if you find it! Thanks, Dash

T

TalkAK

Jan 11, 2008
Talkeetna, AK
This thread has been bumped from the stickies but I still have the ramp I found in Nov. leaning against the side of my garage. Drop me a note if you lost one in the early part of the season. I'm going to pass it on to the next friend that needs one if it is not claimed.

By the way...... 8+ inches of snow in Talkeetna today. Manna from heaven!

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
I was asked to start a locked thread for lost, found and stolen and sticky it. That way, we won't have any conversation on it and people can very easily see what they need to look out for or find what they have lost. I have listed the ramp and linked to your thread.

You may find it here...

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197956

I should have posted an announcement about this when I did it but didn't think about it so I will do that by tonight.

Last edited:
Premium Features