• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking at a 2009 800xp 154" with a new motor in a few hours

J
Oct 30, 2014
Hi guys, I've done a bunch of googling around but don't have a ton of time for research.

I'm heading this afternoon to look at the sled. Its a 2009 with 1200 miles and a new motor (installed by a reputable shop) with 150 miles on it. Is there anything specific to this sled I should check out? Much appreciated.

M
Dec 17, 2011
If you haven't had a Doo before, the clutches tend to need a fair amount of maintenance. If they hasn't been gone through in 1200 miles you can expect to spend a little money to replace worn parts.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
If you haven't had a Doo before, the clutches tend to need a fair amount of maintenance. If they hasn't been gone through in 1200 miles you can expect to spend a little money to replace worn parts.

This is true but the fix is just a phone call away. Just get ahold of winter brew on here. He will end your clutching problems. :beer;

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Stand on it with the skis pointed straight and look at the front of the skis - if one is ahead or behind the other, and the a-arms look straight....it has a bent nun. If it just slight, you can probably ride it as is. If it's noticeable, probably pass on that one cause it's a PITA job.

J
Oct 30, 2014
Well I bought the sled! Hopefully I have better luck than the poor guy before me. He had bought it used from a friend and literally was on it 15 minutes before it blew.

SkidooSteve12

Young boondocker trainer
Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Fruitport, MI
How much did you pay for it? Or ballpark price? I have a similar sled with a freshly rebuilt motor and some goodies on it that I will have up for sale pretty soon. The market for used Summits in West MI is pretty good right now.

J
Oct 30, 2014
How much did you pay for it? Or ballpark price? I have a similar sled with a freshly rebuilt motor and some goodies on it that I will have up for sale pretty soon. The market for used Summits in West MI is pretty good right now.

$4600 with electric start, can, and a new cover. The clutch is a little noisy so I'm assuming it needs a rebuild so I'm planning on doing an upgrade before the season starts.

Premium Features