• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Look what Santa-CARS left me...

M
Mar 1, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Not much happenig last week in the shop, so I decided to take advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program and now - there is a new horse in the stable - I couldn't pull a brand new custom mountain sled with an old Jeep. So I took advantage of the $3500 Cash for Clunkers, our Toyota employee discount and an additional incentive of $1200 for left-over 09' and turned the Grand Cherokee in.

I tore all the Alpine stereo equipment out of the Jeep, put junky tires on it, pulled my 4.6L stroker motor out, the scoops and rear spoiler and then turned her in.

The new rig is a 2009 Tacoma Double-Cab short box. It has a camera for the trailer hitch, 115V outlet in the bed, bed liner, XM radio, V6 w/tow package and the TRD Sport package - in addition, it has a 3" TRD lift kit, 18" KD series rims with NITTO off-road tires, running boards.

My only problem is going to be keeping Sheila (my wife) from stealing it. She absolutely loves it.

These are the shots of when I brought it home last week.

M
Mar 1, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Here are the shots from after I finished up this evening.

I got the tonneau cover installed, the XM receiver installed, the chrome grill insert, the TRD cat-back system installed, the light bar installed and the PIAA 525 series lights mounted. I only have the wiring left. I am waiting on the new PIAA wiring harness. That won't take very long.

Here is the tonneau cover. I don't really like the snap kind, but it was only $139 off EBay.

Here is the Cat-back system:

Here is the new TRD light bar w/the PIAA 525 series lights. These lights tie in with your regular headlamps. They also have a high beam and low beam of their own. When you have the running lights on, they have an LED that has a light glow to the light.

[/url

Premium Features