• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see some pics of your shop/garage

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I'll post some pics of mine later. but a word of wisdom, if you building a shop or gargage FLOOR HEAT!! It's worth the extra money and dosent cost that much to heat in the winter. Plus you always have a warm shop to work in.

I pay about 150 bucks a month in heating(24 7 the only way ) in the winter months on a 65 by 80 shop with 18 foot sidewalls with an office/full bath/kitchen sticking out one side.

It'll be one of the best things you'll ever do

That is cheap to heat! I have propane and when shop is busy I will spend 300 bux a month on heat. But I dont think floor heat would work for me since I have a paint booth and pull the air out constantly and need re-heated air.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Himark, not sure how that would work with the paintbooth. Is your booth pretty much sealed off from the rest of the shop ?

Even then it would take some pencil work, but I would be fairly certain it would still be cheaper even if you still had to help heat the fresh air some.

With the concrete being 65 or whatever you have it set at, it's quite amazing how it keeps warm everything.

I did a test for my buddies when we first got it going, with the floor set at 65, both doors open(one 18x20 the other 16x12) for 12 hours with the outside temp around 20 to 25, when we closed the door inside temp was about 52.

Not that ya need to worry about it since ya already got one. Plus if your tired it can make it hard to stay awake if your on the floor Lol

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
here is my little get away!!!

garage003-1.jpg

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
home sweet home!!

Just got my first shop and am pretty excited and fortunate. It's totally open inside right now other than the tin. I'm looking for a boiler for the whirsbo floor and also looking for racking. It's pretty neat the guy had the colored concrete put in when he built it. I'm thinking I need a car project now that i have some space (....rat rod!!)

It would be nice to see how some of you are doing shelving / racks. I'm going to get that done in September.

Any MN dealers on here for boiliers?

photo-2.jpg

photo.jpg

P
Nov 26, 2007
Hey Ridecats, Did you just buy that place in Big Lake, curious because it looks like the shop on the other side of the block where I live..

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Can I get some help here......

Can anyone get a new thread started in General this morning...I can't see to. I get a damn error when I try!!

If you can get a thread started...would you kindly make me one that it titled...

"SnoWesters, before you buy used parts on here, read this:"

cpsandsons

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2008
mead,colorado
my wife got it for me at the hotrod show in denver. after she bought for me i asked her to tell me how she really felt.

Last edited:

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
my wife got it for me at the hotrod show in denver. after she bought for me i asked her to tell me how she felt.

LMAO thats funny.

Kinda reminds me of when i got my dad a sign that had to do with skiing that says "put your big girl panties on and deal with it." It was a priceless look.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
You can kind of see the shop in the background of these pics. I guess I may need to take some pictures of just my shop!

2002 mountain cat 800 003.jpg

2001 ski doo summit 600 005.jpg

2004 mountain cat 600 006.jpg

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
dang miko

all neat and clean, makes me a little uncomfortable. lol

Like how even the saws are placed on the wall.

H
Dec 9, 2007
Here are a few of my shop. 60'x100' with 20' side walls. 28'x18' and a 14'x16' overhead doors, floor heat, 2 post vehicle hoist(best money ever spent), office, full bathroom with shower, washer and dryer hookups, small kitchen, storage area over office/bathroom.
shop005.jpg

shop022.jpg

shop023.jpg

shop024.jpg

shop027.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features