• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kitty kat lift kit

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i've got a 1998 kitty kat, the kids rode it for two years and in any softer deeper snow the thing would hang up on the running boards. before last winter i put on a lift kit that raised the whole sled about 3 inches and widens the front end about 3 inches. I found it to be a huge improvent, and only cost 150 bucks or so. I also did plastic ski skins and they really helped to keep the snow from sticking to the skis and and causing drag. this year i plan to gear down a little bit to help with low end power. it does fine in cold dry snow but if its wet snow or the sled sinks in it seems geared a bit high. just thought i would share my experiences and if anyone else has some good mods post them up.

gp800

Premium Member
Sep 25, 2017
Do you have a link to where you purchased the lift kit? and which ski skins did you use?

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i dont remember where i got the stuff but i looked on ebay and theres some kits on there that look the same. one kit has the front spindles all welded up and one kit you have to weld them yourself. the kit i got everything was welded up, i just painted it all up. the kid on ebay that is welded up they are asking 400 bucks for though and i didnt pay nearly that much. also did a quick search for the ski skins and a few different places sell them, i probably bought them from the cheapest place. you remove your wear rods then use them as a template to drill holes throught the skins, then the wear rod sandwiches the ski skin to the steal ski. the lift kit makes the sled look cooler too.

Premium Features