• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just picked up my first turbo Nytro, need tuning suggestions

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I rode with DEVIL a few times this year. Sled runs good. Clutching should be spot on. I think he was only running 10-12psi at the time with the 16T turbo. Whitecourt Yamaha did the install on that sled and could do the upgrade kit as well. Has a new MCX contorl box as well. You could take to any Yammy dealer that does MCX installs to do the upgrade I would imagine but some dealers are better than others. You need to get the Blowoff valve on that sled working properly, if I recall it does not open properly and the turbo was fluttering. The spring inside the BOV is too stiff. Cheap and easy fix. Good sled for a really good price. Congrats.

Last edited:
T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Apex springs

There are three spring options for rear suspension on the Nytro. 1100-1400-2100 are the reference #'s i think. Stock one is the lightest so there are two more options. I went with 1400 and an Ohlins center shock all on stock suspension.I'm about 200lbs with gear. Really improved the ride. As far as clutching set up, mine is all from PowderLites and standard with their kits. Works great and no belt issues after 2,000mi. on boost.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
bout time james. congrats!! I wa seriously looking at that sled. you got a smoking deal.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
correct your self the fork lift picked it up... lol just bugging (for those who dont get a joke)

dont' need forklifts anymore. found out that if you have a turbo you can get a good enough run and speed to do an actual self load with these heavy pigs now!!

T
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Hey James i just Bought one as well. i gonna get the turbo done in the fall. i got full timbersled all the way around. what kind of riser do you have on your sled.

Premium Features