• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

jetting and clutching ptek for 8000-10000 feet

Flatlander78

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2009
Glasgow, MT
You should not have to rejet, the carburetor's automatically adjust. Depending on how your clutches are set up, you may be able to just adjust your clickers up to a higher number. This is all assuming stock engine and clutching.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
I believe what Fez is referring to, is that BJ can recommend some tweaks to stock baseline jetting that will enable the motor to run crisper even with the DPM compensating for altitude and temp, and there's always room for clutching improvments over stock.
After all, that's what they (SHR) do !!:face-icon-small-hap

Flatlander78

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2009
Glasgow, MT
I believe what Fez is referring to, is that BJ can recommend some tweaks to stock baseline jetting that will enable the motor to run crisper even with the DPM compensating for altitude and temp, and there's always room for clutching improvments over stock.
After all, that's what they (SHR) do !!:face-icon-small-hap

Your right, maybe I misunderstood the original question. It didn't sound like they were looking for mods or clutch kits just to get the sled set up to run at higher elevations since its probably set up for Minnesota right now. Not all are familiar with skidoo's DPMS and adjustable clutch. Especially if they are coming from an older non compensating carburetor or another manufacturers clutch where you have to change weights for changes in elevation.

Premium Features