• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jackson Hillclimbs Live Stream

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Friday should be interesting with gate 2 being a double with women's, amateur's, and semi pro finals.

Hopefully the pros will be doubling gate 2 on Saturday and Sunday rather than rolling it.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Thanks for this! The $40 gate fee has killed my interest in attending. I seem to recall it being 1/2 that or less just a couple years ago...what are they thinkin??!!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
500 people max limit vs as many as possible, gotta thank corona virus and related policies.

Need to cover expenses some how. You think that race is cheap to put on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Spectators aren’t what cover event operating costs. That’s what racer entry fee’s do.

Watching the live feed, place looks empty! I have several friends who didnt go because taking their kids/families would’ve been over $200 just to get in the gate. That IS prohibitive.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
High gate fees to ... look at new iron, Eat, Drink, Buy from vendors will kill the venue. Just like West Yellowstone
Vendor fees plus Gate Fees then Entry Fees all add up...then come Costs

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Glad you think so.......but I highly doubt it.

Ive been involved with club racing cars and motorcycles in the past, We never factored in spectators, that was for the venue to worry about. We were there to race, regardless of the crowd. our fee’s paid for track use, liability insurance, air fence, paddock space, corner workers, first aid etc etc. Hard to believe this event would be much different.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ive been involved with club racing cars and motorcycles in the past, We never factored in spectators, that was for the venue to worry about. We were there to race, regardless of the crowd. our fee’s paid for track use, liability insurance, air fence, paddock space, corner workers, first aid etc etc. Hard to believe this event would be much different.
1.This isn’t a car or motorcycle race. Watching cars and motorcycles go around a track all day is not entertaining. If you charged a gate fee to watch car racing or motorcycles, nobody would come. Sled hill climbs have 100x the entertainment value. But hey, don’t deny your kids the experience because you think it’s too expensive.
2. You should stick with cars and motorcycles if it so great and cheap.
3. Cheap ass

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
1.This isn’t a car or motorcycle race. Watching cars and motorcycles go around a track all day is not entertaining. If you charged a gate fee to watch car racing or motorcycles, nobody would come. Sled hill climbs have 100x the entertainment value. But hey, don’t deny your kids the experience because you think it’s too expensive.
3. Cheap ass
I guess I’m dumb ass. I didn’t know motorcycle races were free. I never have been too one that was free too spectate

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
3. Cheap ass

While I agree that hillclimbs is more entertaining, you have to know that cars and motorcycles both draw a WAY bigger crowd. NASCAR? Supercross? Moto Gp? Indy? RMSHA is better in every way in my opinion, but I’m smart enough to know my opinion is in the minority. There’s a reason there is not a single RMSHA race on national television. Sucks...but it’s the truth

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Lovin' the live feed, living on a fixed extremely lean income isn't easy. Biden's $3.50 Diesel, sky high hotel's, and jacked up gate fee's will very likely keep myself and my family from ever attending again. Jackson is the best entertainment on the planet in my opinion and I'm thrilled I could once again see Keith Curtis domination at home. Best Sunday I've had in quite some time, that kid is a fine tuned machine.

Premium Features