• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Issues with Axys aluminum a-arms

C
Dec 24, 2014
Is it possible to fix a bent a-arm by just pressing it back?

Heat or no heat?

I fixed one, with marginal success. They are pretty strong cold, I think it would break. Light heating is also a no go, had to step up to the Oxy/Acty torch.

It gets pretty floppy pretty fast so be ready. I had mine in a vise, heated it and tightened the vise to straighten. I took it out in the snow and quenched it.

I had a day and a half of riding on it when I punched it into the creek bank, re-bending the arm. Had I not crashed, I suspect it would have held up a while. I tried a second repair and the arm is cracked halfway through now and has since been replaced.

I think you can get one decent fix out of them. Getting it as straight as it needs to be is a little tricky but doable.

Good Luck!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Anyone break a pro ride bulk head with aftermarket arms? I dont think so.

I always take snowest with a grain of salt. But i know 2 guys that had to over night arms and waste a day of riding cause of them bending.

May want to buy some aftermarket lowers and keep the stockers in the trailer.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Smoked a log mid sidehill and tore the bark off a tree sidehilling yesterday and my aluminum arms are still straight. Have a set of alternative impacts to go on if I bend them but so far so good.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Anyone break a pro ride bulk head with aftermarket arms? I dont think so.

I always take snowest with a grain of salt. But i know 2 guys that had to over night arms and waste a day of riding cause of them bending.

May want to buy some aftermarket lowers and keep the stockers in the trailer.
No, but many did bend the tunnel

T
Apr 2, 2009
I am actually glad Polaris choose to continue to make the arm the weak link instead of the bulkhead like another manufacturer I would rather not mention.

I agree... I had fabcraft arms on an older rmk and I snapped three or four of the replaceable carbonfiber rods which were fairly easy to replace. It bummed me out untill...On my other rmk of the same year, I bent the frame, mounting assembly, and bent an a arm and it was expensive to fix. The weak link carbon fiber rod saved me a lot of time and money even if I did bust one every year or so.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
speaked to my dealer today and he told me he had a few axys 2016 with bent a-arms in the shop. And he's having a hard time sourcing them apparently.

I have nothing to gain or loose from this just passing the information.

stay safe, have fun!

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Who Bobby? We have had absolute 0 feed back of any bent tunnels using our arms on Axys. Now the Pro RMK will bend the tunnel with anyone's arms as we all know.
Kevin
No idea who, maybe I mistook what was told. Didn't mean to imply your arms had anything to do with it

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
For anyone who still runs stock arms, I replaced mine with Kmod's 37'' so they do me no good unless I tear the sled apart again and replace everything if I bend something. Selling them for $400 shipped for all 4 arms, all 4 ball joints and 8 bushings included. 50 miles of MN trail riding on them.

Premium Features