• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

is the idaho side of the great burn open or not?

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
So I saw where the ISSA sued and won the lawsuit, but when you call the forest service the area is still closed. Does anyone know if the Idaho side of the great burn is legal to ride?
I am talking about the great burn in the Clearwater national forest.

thanks
tim

everyone is trying to get this clarified. Supposedly someone appealed and the judge accepted that. if so it will remain closed. Sandra from the ISSA is trying to get a straight answer. ISSA was planning there state ride in that area.

perfect example of left hand not knowing right hand.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I'm wondering the same thing. I was hoping since it was in litigation it would be open.

O
Dec 9, 2007
mystery

Seems like ISSA thought they were winning but now stalled and closed. No resolution in sight and can't find any info. Anyone with current information?

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
ISSA won the appeal for the ranger to reconsider closing Recommended Wilderness as Wilderness, but then the plan that the ranger submitted was square one so ISSA is pursuing legal action again if I remember right.

Premium Features