• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Dan long rod or warthog longevity

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
How have these been holding up and what's everyone thing of them?

Would be going in a 17 with a silber set at 7lbs

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
IndyDan what do you have to say about this? Enquiring minds want to know!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Right handed

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Missed your contributions on here Dan!

But on the topic of warranty, I have done several engines with Indy Specialty over the years, I have had one issue with a long rod 800 with them. I called, Dan told me exactly what to do, I did it. Turned out to have an injector issue. Not the fault of their product or workmanship yet they ended up working with me more than they needed to to help out and get the sled going again to salvage the rest of the season. It wasnt covered by them but they somewhat met me in the middle.

I wouldnt hope that this business practice is normal for them, if so they wouldnt have been in business as long as they have nor have the reputation that they are known for since this was an issue with the fuel system on a sled that was missed.

I do a lot of custom out of the normal sled engine parts and they are always willing to to work with me during the off season and have been awesome in that capacity. Shops like theirs arent popping up nowadays and its awesome to have companies like Indy Specialty who are passionate about this sport as their customers are in making a great product.

Stuff happens but its all in how its dealt with after the sale if/when an issue comes up. Im sure whatever the problem they will figure it out and get to the bottom of the failure.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
been running warthog, (long rod turbo spec) since 2019, been running well, bottom end torque/snap thats usually lost with a turbo setup is where i really noticed the improvement with this engine.

Premium Features