• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Idler/bogie wheels, NEEDED??

W

wh1rly

Jan 14, 2013
CANADA
1/2 inch wrench shouldn't fit anywhere down the hyfax.

Think it was a 1/2 " im second guessing myself now lol. Double check by seeing if a 1/2 " wrench sticks down farther then the aluminum i the back of the slide rail.

-Aksnopro

Lol sorry not quiet following that?

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
Lol so ur saying get rid of the crap inner wheels for how im riding? to many things to know on snow machines my head may explode I'm i perfectionist, to meticulous for my own good, and annoying to most ha......:face-icon-small-con

I ride bout the same as you, I'm gonna take off both stock inner and outer iddler wheels and goin with the BDX ant-stab kit with Cat's new slide rail end caps, the BDX inner idler wheel kit, and last week I ordered another OEM cross shaft that I'm gonna try to install between the rails at the same point as the stock inner idlers, see how that works for the season and what my hyfax wear is... Backcountryislife hooked me up with the BDX kits. Still waitin for the kits bro!! haha... where abouts u from wh1rly

W

wh1rly

Jan 14, 2013
CANADA
I ride bout the same as you, I'm gonna take off both stock inner and outer iddler wheels and goin with the BDX ant-stab kit with Cat's new slide rail end caps, the BDX inner idler wheel kit, and last week I ordered another OEM cross shaft that I'm gonna try to install between the rails at the same point as the stock inner idlers, see how that works for the season and what my hyfax wear is... Backcountryislife hooked me up with the BDX kits. Still waitin for the kits bro!! haha... where abouts u from wh1rly

I'm from Tisdale ha. Up in Cold Lake, AB now (oil mania). I order the same kits from backcountry as well :), good dude. ur not installing the anti stab kit where its sposed to go or did i read that wrong?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
The BDX ant-stab kit can be installed anywhere along the rails, just leave off the end caps and make sure they wont hit on something

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
I'm from Tisdale ha. Up in Cold Lake, AB now (oil mania). I order the same kits from backcountry as well :), good dude. ur not installing the anti stab kit where its sposed to go or did i read that wrong?

No no i'm installing it where it's suppose to go, between the tips, and the inner idler kit along the front shock shaft, and the brace further back...

Cold Lake, livin the dream... I gotta few buddies in CL n a few by Bonnyville n lots in Lloyd, drillin for Partners n Tempco n Quinterra, couple with PD.. who u with? I know a few ppl from Tisdale too, ride n hunt east of there n been meanin to go up to Archy sleddin soon, get a few more miles on if i cant get out to the mountains sometime :face-icon-small-dis The snow's $h!t out in the open country

W

wh1rly

Jan 14, 2013
CANADA
No no i'm installing it where it's suppose to go, between the tips, and the inner idler kit along the front shock shaft, and the brace further back...

Cold Lake, livin the dream... I gotta few buddies in CL n a few by Bonnyville n lots in Lloyd, drillin for Partners n Tempco n Quinterra, couple with PD.. who u with? I know a few ppl from Tisdale too, ride n hunt east of there n been meanin to go up to Archy sleddin soon, get a few more miles on if i cant get out to the mountains sometime :face-icon-small-dis The snow's $h!t out in the open country

I'm with cenovus.. And cool that what I was gonna do to my sled as well but I might put another set of wheels with through axel will see what happens. Yea snow is crap around here now to got warm really warm.

B
Oct 13, 2012
S.E. SK
should prob throw in another anti-stab mid-way in the skid instead of just that axle but I'll just keep my eye on it for now, who knows in the end maybe taking out those wheels will be a bad choice but nothin a few $$ cant fix

Last edited:
W

wh1rly

Jan 14, 2013
CANADA
Can anyone tell me how to check your hyfax, and know when it's worn out is there an easier way then by just taking it off to check ha?

W

wh1rly

Jan 14, 2013
CANADA
Nvm after some looking I found the wear line on the hyfax thanks for everyone help and input :) putting up with a newby

Premium Features