• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Holz 09 a arms

J

jonsyp

Sep 14, 2008
I have an 08 700 rmk I went with a 09 Holz a-arm set-up (upgraded sway bar link), and I have '08 WE airs from a dragon, but I'm currently riding without a sway bar which has way too much sag right now(extremely easy to sidehill haha). I only had a couple hours of careful riding out west with no big hits and haven't had any issues and I'm sure I bottomed out a few times though.

I'd really like to get floats and still ride without a sway bar but just seeing if it was actually worth it, or just to upgrade to the 09 sway bar without upgrading the shocks, would that take a lot of the sag out?

Also just seeing what eye to eye length I could run, If I remember right Holz said not to go over 17.2 inches

Thanks if anyone can help with a few questions.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Funny, I did the exact same thing with my 07 D7. I crashed it and replaced the front a-arms with Holz arms from an 09 setup. So, I didn't have a sway bar. I thought I would be ok because I also bought Fox Float Evol R's which allow for a stiffer ride (adjustable) with rebound. I was not happy with the ride of the sled w/o the sway bar, even with the Floats. I would highly recommend changing your plastic over to the 09 setup and putting the sway bar back on. I think it is about a $300 setup.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Same here on an 09 with the Holz front and Evol X shocks. I broke the plastic connectors on the 09 sway bar rendering it useless twice in the field and removed it for the rest of each of those two rides. Both times irregardless of the firmness that I set my front shocks at (remember the Evol X can be adjusted for any ride height, initial "spring" tension, rebound rate, and compression rate) and it didn't matter because with all kinds of adjustments it was still unruley and inconsistant. Not only does it mess with your front end balance it also changes how your rear suspension reacts to changes in terrain. Not nearly as smooth and predictable as it is with the sway bar in place. Now maybe I'm too picky or just get used to a certain level of performance but one thing is certain...I could feel the difference and it was not a good thing. Once we were in the $hit bad and it caused some wild failures climbing up out of no man's land. Bad for the ego and lucky that it wasn't bad for the expensive sled when you don't make a no turn out climb several times!

I'd also think you should convert to 09 plastic and throw those POS walkers in the trash and get better front shocks (fox float, float 2, fox zero pro, fox evol R or X, any of the cheapo stock springer rydes have been tested to be way better on your sled)
attachment.php

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
F-Bomb makes a good point with the way the suspension changes. Without the sway bar the front skis will have a tendancy to toe-in. They spread out with pressure, but every little bump will cause them to toe-in again. Obviously that has a big impact on supsension, turning and overall handling. Get the 09 sway bar and plastic.

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
Same here on an 09 with the Holz front and Evol X shocks. I broke the plastic connectors on the 09 sway bar rendering it useless twice in the field and removed it for the rest of each of those two rides. Both times irregardless of the firmness that I set my front shocks at (remember the Evol X can be adjusted for any ride height, initial "spring" tension, rebound rate, and compression rate) and it didn't matter because with all kinds of adjustments it was still unruley and inconsistant. Not only does it mess with your front end balance it also changes how your rear suspension reacts to changes in terrain. Not nearly as smooth and predictable as it is with the sway bar in place. Now maybe I'm too picky or just get used to a certain level of performance but one thing is certain...I could feel the difference and it was not a good thing. Once we were in the $hit bad and it caused some wild failures climbing up out of no man's land. Bad for the ego and lucky that it wasn't bad for the expensive sled when you don't make a no turn out climb several times!

I'd also think you should convert to 09 plastic and throw those POS walkers in the trash and get better front shocks (fox float, float 2, fox zero pro, fox evol R or X, any of the cheapo stock springer rydes have been tested to be way better on your sled)
attachment.php
i stripped the threads rite off on the sway bar linkage. never put them back on i did like it a lot better with the sway bar on. i will probably replace the part this year i am on z broz aarms now but they have a billet mount. i just dont think they build the parts strong enough for the abuse they take. especially if you jump or hit woops like aggressive riders.

J

jonsyp

Sep 14, 2008
thanks guys for your help, I'll more than likely end up going with the 09 front end with sway bar, I was comparing my sled with my brothers 09 d8 the other day and definately was a big difference between the sleds with and without the sway bar, and the fact the 09 front end just looks so much better.

once again Thanks

Premium Features