• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hog Shop Doo Top End/Cheater Head

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have a top end here, it needs work and as I am not positive as to what it is, I will sell it cheap. Came out of an 02 ZX Doo. However, the sled was an original 700 (according to the hood), so this top end could possibly be off a newer model also?
Consists of 800 cylinders, reeds that (as I recall) were not the standard ones in 02, reed spacers, exhaust valves, and a Hog Shop cheater head with domes.
What I know for sure:
It was overheated BADLY due to a coolant leak, one cylinder has a ton of aluminum on it. It may come off, it may need a re-nic.
The other cylinder has very little damage, is probably saveable.
They are the stock 81.87mm bore.
I have no idea what compression ratio the domes are, and cannot find any markings.
The head is discolored from heat.
The rings from the engine did NOT come apart, the domes are in great shape, the damage is all aluminum from the piston.
Exhaust valves are smooth.
The reeds that are out of the cylinder are in good shape, I assume the other set are also, but I have not looked.
The cylinders look to have some light porting done. It looks like the intake fins have been sharpened, light cleanup on the transfers, maybe some other work, but I have no other cylinder to compare it to. Someone on here knows his stuff and will be able to clean this up and use it.
$300 shipped.
Chris

010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That's what it looked like to me too, with some light transfer cleanup. Cannot tell on the exhaust ports, too carboned up, lol. I also don't remember the ZX sleds having the reed cage spacers or those reeds for that matter, guess I could look it up.
Chris

Premium Features