• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Harley Davidson shuts down for a week

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
seriously the boss is a good guy , just too much money and too many toys. He's in that small group who can drop that kind of cash for a Harley and not worry about the every day expenses most people worry about.

T
Nov 21, 2007
bc
Prices on Harleys in Canada have dropped $2500 in 1 year. Mostly because of the strength of our dollar. I didn't need that excuse to order an '08 though .... but it sure made it a lot easier to get it by the "ol' lady.";)

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
Local Harley dealer is also now the local Arctic Cat dealer...prior they were Harley only. They're "all Harley" showroom is now well over 50% Cat stuff. :)

B
Dec 22, 2002
Billings, MT
Sucks for the workers. Maybe the 1 week of is HD's retalliation for the threatening of a strike by their plant workers when the the Clothing workers contract expired earlier in the year.

Either way; I love my '07 BDM Mastiff.

Jim

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
1 week with out pay sucks. I've been off for 3 weeks so far for fusion on a disc in my neck with out pay. My boss was to busy riding his Harley to get us disability insurance.

I fail to see how you can blame someone else for not carrying disability yourself. Everyone insures their vehicles, homes, etc. Why not insure the number one important thing? Yourself.

No, I'm not an insurance agent...

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
I fail to see how you can blame someone else for not carrying disability yourself. Everyone insures their vehicles, homes, etc. Why not insure the number one important thing? Yourself.

No, I'm not an insurance agent...

Yes it really is my own fault, I was trying to cut expenses so I could buy a Harley

Premium Features