• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gold Creek - will the FS ever groom?

U
Sep 12, 2010
C'mon, I know it has been thin, but there's been snow up there. Whoops everywhere, no brush cut this summer. I guess our grooming dollars are not wasted.....

I submitted a comment on the State parks site. I wish someone who rides would get the contract- the grooming has been sub-par for years.

:help:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yep. Without much off trail riding the roads are our only option if we want to get some miles on. Even the roads are so whooped out they arent worth riding.
Frustrating for sure! Im sending a email to the FS to see what the explanation is.
I do see they have a 12" minimun depth requirement. We have all of that, just not as the lowest elevation. I hope that doesnt stop them from driving up to the snow, if anything that just saves the contractor fuel and time.

J
Jan 29, 2012
Yep. Without much off trail riding the roads are our only option if we want to get some miles on. Even the roads are so whooped out they arent worth riding.
Frustrating for sure! Im sending a email to the FS to see what the explanation is.
I do see they have a 12" minimun depth requirement. We have all of that, just not as the lowest elevation. I hope that doesnt stop them from driving up to the snow, if anything that just saves the contractor fuel and time.

you should know the fs has little or nothing to do with grooming. your money is handed out by wassa.then a private contractor get the contract.
join up and pay attention or you going to have less areas to goom.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
  • <TABLE class=GFP-UI5CDFC cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"> <TBODY> <TR> <TD colSpan=2> I90corridorgrooming
    </TD></TR> <TR> <TD colSpan=2>

This topic is no longer open for new replies due to inactivity. If you'd like to post a message, please search for a more recent topic above or post a new question.

</TD></TR> <TR> <TD> Cle Elum Ranger District Groomers Report This topic is a duplicate of another discussion. javascript:;
    You were redirected here from a duplicate topic. javascript:;

2 posts by 1 author
    NSfCtu0uiCXngBKOHzYixv2itkrMwB3D5QaWsUscByziE7g5ZewbzQ7OUxr+cUAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

<IFRAME tabIndex=0 id=I1_1421588445220 title=+1 style="HEIGHT: 15px; WIDTH: 24px; POSITION: static; LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; TOP: 0px; VISIBILITY: visible" marginHeight=0 src="https://apis.google.com/u/0/_/+1/fastbutton?usegapi=1&count=false&size=small&source=google%3Agdf&hl=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Ftopic%2Fi90corridorgrooming%2F2X21k0K0g9w%3Ffromplusone%3D1&gsrc=1p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fabc-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Dgapi.gapi.en.h5v9B2E0KyY.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTP2P7mJf2xyC4XCxGimNAESSljtZg#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh&id=I1_1421588445220&parent=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com&pfname=&rpctoken=3877728" frameBorder=0 width="100%" name=I1_1421588445220 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no data-gapiattached="true"></IFRAME>
    Previous Previous <INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0">Page 1
    Next Next

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE aria-hidden=true class=GFP-UI5CDFC style="DISPLAY: none" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"> <TBODY> <TR> <TD>

<INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0"> <INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0"> <TABLE class=GFP-UI5CBKB cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=GFP-UI5CIIB vAlign=top>
fiHnwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

</TD> <TD class=GFP-UI5CEKB vAlign=top align=left>Simon, John K -FS </TD> <TD vAlign=top align=right>
DQHQ8nxjDYYoV0Pj48HsgNqCmS0k2GFeY7ofi+2ji94kNW1js9+OIfQGomvto6qmSTgWgQXae2jlKgJggIDeNjwIaAQBDo0wVdvRN2QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
<INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0">
<INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0">

12/29/14

Other recipients: aulo...@elltel.net, berk...@yahoo.com, dan.jo...@co.kittitas.wa.us, ded...@fs.fed.us, dmf...@fs.fed.us, lmdur...@fs.fed.us, jhe...@fs.fed.us, joe...@starband.net, joeb...@msn.com, naj...@fs.fed.us, kla...@fs.fed.us, mca...@q.com, pnov...@fs.fed.us, richa...@gmail.com, threed...@yahoo.com, to...@mtcfoodequipment.com, tcar...@carmodycompany.com, win...@parks.wa.gov

Hi Everyone; I went back out again today, Monday the 29th. At the Kachess Snowpark there was 5-7” of snow, we need twice that amount to start grooming. At the Blewett Pass Snowpark there is 8-12” of snow, we could start to groom up there, but 4 m
<INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0"> Hi Everyone; I went back out again today, Monday the 29<SUP>th</SUP>. At the Kachess Snowpark there was 5-7” of snow, we need twice that amount to start grooming. At the Blewett Pass Snowpark there is 8-12” of snow, we could start to groom up there, but 4 miles up the trail at the rock slide area there is only 2-5” of snow for 2 miles and with the traffic on it, it is turning to ice and gravel for that 2 miles. On top of Table Mtn. there is 24-30” of soft snow with the hazards hidden but a sled could still hit them, so be careful. Check the avalanche forecast before you go and leave a detailed agenda of where you will be and when you will get back with someone. Be safe, John

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.

Show trimmed content

<INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0"> <INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0"> <TABLE class=GFP-UI5CBKB cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=GFP-UI5CIIB vAlign=top>
fiHnwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

</TD> <TD class=GFP-UI5CEKB vAlign=top align=left>Simon, John K -FS </TD> <TD vAlign=top align=right>
DQHQ8nxjDYYoV0Pj48HsgNqCmS0k2GFeY7ofi+2ji94kNW1js9+OIfQGomvto6qmSTgWgQXae2jlKgJggIDeNjwIaAQBDo0wVdvRN2QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Jan 6

Other recipients: aulo...@elltel.net, berk...@yahoo.com, dan.jo...@co.kittitas.wa.us, ded...@fs.fed.us, dmf...@fs.fed.us, lmdur...@fs.fed.us, jhe...@fs.fed.us, joe...@starband.net, joeb...@msn.com, naj...@fs.fed.us, kla...@fs.fed.us, mca...@q.com, pnov...@fs.fed.us, richa...@gmail.com, threed...@yahoo.com, to...@mtcfoodequipment.com, tcar...@carmodycompany.com, win...@parks.wa.gov

Hi Everyone, We received snow, but then the sky opened up and the rain fell and the water was coming off the mountains from every conceivable spot filling up the ditches, creeks and rivers. We lost several inches of snow in that storm instead of g
<INPUT role=presentation tabIndex=-1 style="OVERFLOW: hidden; HEIGHT: 1px; WIDTH: 1px; POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; opacity: 0"> Hi Everyone, We received snow, but then the sky opened up and the rain fell and the water was coming off the mountains from every conceivable spot filling up the ditches, creeks and rivers. We lost several inches of snow in that storm instead of gaining more snow. With that being said we did not groom as of yet. I’m still hopeful that we will soon have snow and the end of the season will have all the snow we need. John

S
Feb 1, 2008
you should know the fs has little or nothing to do with grooming. your money is handed out by wassa.then a private contractor get the contract.
join up and pay attention or you going to have less areas to goom.

As many times the funding has been explained on this forum it's amazing you still think WSSA funds grooming.

NO MONEY COMES FROM WSSA ( they did do a one time rather large donation a couple years ago matching other donations )

Let me repeat it again; GROOMING FUNDS DO NOT COME FROM WSSA (Washington State Snowmobile Association )

The program works very well and we as snowmobilers decide how out money is spent. Get involved, be educated and help make the decisions. It really is amazing that you can go to a couple Snowmobile Advisory Committee meetings and have a direct affect on how our money is spent. You also can see exactly where every penny went and is budgeted to go.

Goldcreek is done by the Forest Service. The snow has to be on the road to prevent resource damage by all the sleds.

U
Sep 12, 2010
The FS groomer won't:

Drive on less than 12" of snow.
Knock down whoops.
Groom when the weather is cold enough to not make a mess.
Stop what they are doing when leaving miles of death cookies.

I really wish someone else got the contract. It just doesn't have to be like this.

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
Backcountry grooming will bid on the contract if it's up for bid. Or will take private donations I have a pb240 sitting in the barn idle.
I might be wrong but I thought the FS groom's that park I think it's there only one.

C
Jan 12, 2015
gold creek

Is everyone parking at the normal parking spot at the trail head or do you have to drive up? I know down low has been raining but what about up at the radio tower? Summitatsnoqualmie.com says Alpental says it has 55 inches and has been showing up high... wondering how much of this is true and if I should go up tomorrow. only been up to greenwater this year.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
They should (IMO) groom from whatever point there is adequate coverage. If that means driving 1/4-1/2 mile up the road, so be it. They groom thousands of miles of trail in the Midwest in areas that only get 6"-12" of snow on the ground.
And to JVt who says I need to sign up and pay attention....I have been a WSSA member almost every year since I was a teenager...so about 30 years. We are also a business member of WSSA. What made you assume I was not a member?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
And from WSSA website......"Grooming and sno-park snow removal/maintenance are contracted out by the Washington State Parks Winter Recreation Program".

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
It was groomed today - Jan. 21:

Hi Everyone, We groomed Kachess route today. We started on the 4832 and went to the Gold Cr. Rd. On the Gold Cr. side we could only get half way down the switchbacks, on the route as a whole all the ditches are showing to some degree. Also the brush is into the route in many places and most of the trees in the old clear-cuts are blocking most of the play areas. Be safe, John Simon

Premium Features