• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gates G-Force C12 Carbon Drive Belts

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Good news and bad new. Good news first. Originally the when the Gates Axys Carbon belt came out it was priced higher than the other carbon belts therefore I had to charge more for that model. Now the pricing has levele on it so it within a few dollars of the other gates carbon models so we lowered the price on that belt. Other good news is I am running mine still with no incidents or loss of RPM.

Now the bad news: They are on factory backorder. So the best way to get it right now is to but it on backorder through our site and then as soon as they come in yours ships first.

For Secure Safe Ordering. http://www.gobigparts.com/GATES-G-FORCE-C12-CARBON-DRIVE-BELT.html

S
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My Gates belt blew on my '17 switch assault at 80 mph. Thankfully it snapped and didn't disintegrate. balled up all in behind the foot well, blew the footwell forward and pulled out 2 rivets securing it to the tunnel. Only approx 350 miles on belt. And yes it was broken in properly. Think I'm switching back to Poo belts.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
My Gates belt blew on my '17 switch assault at 80 mph. Thankfully it snapped and didn't disintegrate. balled up all in behind the foot well, blew the footwell forward and pulled out 2 rivets securing it to the tunnel. Only approx 350 miles on belt. And yes it was broken in properly. Think I'm switching back to Poo belts.

This can happen if the secondary is unable to shift out all the way and the primary tries to stretch the belt. Or at that speed it starts slipping in the secondary due to limited contact area. Check your secondary. If it opens all the way then you might need a stiffer spring to maintain side-load pressure on the belt. A tell tale sign of slippage in the secondary is a hotter secondary clutch than primary after a high speed run.

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia

Is this the c12 carbon belt.

S
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
This can happen if the secondary is unable to shift out all the way and the primary tries to stretch the belt. Or at that speed it starts slipping in the secondary due to limited contact area. Check your secondary. If it opens all the way then you might need a stiffer spring to maintain side-load pressure on the belt. A tell tale sign of slippage in the secondary is a hotter secondary clutch than primary after a high speed run.

Thank You for the advice. I will check that. I may have something going on. I do notice more heat on my left foot. Also a couple times i felt something like a slip. Was going to check the offset but having trouble getting the tool. Season is over for us so I got time now I guess.

O
Aug 13, 2014
Warranty

Bought 2 one for a spare and both the sleeves have the warranty info for filling out.
Sidenote it may be awhile before ill be using the spare belt. The first one has about 500 hard throttle taped to the bar type riding in some 2-3 ft of powder, there is next to nothing for wear and the performance difference between the gates and the factory Polaris belts is negligible.:face-icon-small-hap

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
For those of you wondering about the warranty. Yes they still have them. The warranty card is now available via PDF instead of on the cardboard sleeve. Here is the Link: http://www.gates.com/~/media/files/gates/automotive/resources/product-and-application-bulletins/gates-gforce-claim-form_09202016.pdf

We still have a bunch of these belts. I just purchased one for my ATV as well. Great belts.

Oh and my website just went through a major overhaul and update. Should make things better: https://www.gobigparts.com/GATES-G-FORCE-C12-CARBON-DRIVE-BELT.html

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
So it doesn't look like you can get this belt for the 16 or 17 model Axys PRO RMK. Polaris belt # 3211183. There is no cross reference for this belt. Is this true?

Incorrect.

Gates number 45C4553 Axys Pro RMK
44C4553 ProRide ProRMK

Pay special attention to the third digit "C"--- designates carbon. These are the only belts that have a chance of surviving on an Axys the "G" designated belts are significantly cheaper but also prone to failure.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Incorrect.

Gates number 45C4553 Axys Pro RMK
44C4553 ProRide ProRMK

Pay special attention to the third digit "C"--- designates carbon. These are the only belts that have a chance of surviving on an Axys the "G" designated belts are significantly cheaper but also prone to failure.

I was just looking in the cross reference catalog and could not find the Polaris belt # listed in there so I wanted to get clarification before I buy a belt.

Thanks,

Premium Features