• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI: CMX CMXDS PRO-RMK DRIVE SYSTEM UPGRADE

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Mark,

You say you can run a 3" with an 8 tooth driver... The math works out to be able to run a 2.5" track with a 9 tooth driver as the paddle tips should be in the same location and this would allow the front swing arm to stay in the same position in the tunnel without rubbing on the track with the driveshaft lowered so much.

Thoughts?

CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Mark,

You say you can run a 3" with an 8 tooth driver... The math works out to be able to run a 2.5" track with a 9 tooth driver as the paddle tips should be in the same location and this would allow the front swing arm to stay in the same position in the tunnel without rubbing on the track with the driveshaft lowered so much.

Thoughts?
Yup. That is true. I just want people to know that they don't have to use 7 tooth drivers with the CMXDS. I dislike 7 tooth drivers because of the efficiency loss.

Interesting note: Any sled with a CMXDS installed...grab the front bumper and pull it across the shop floor and the track will turn. Do that with your sled with stock drive system and the track will drag. More HP to the snow with CMXDS.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Mark,

Thanks for that.

Talking with the Camoplast people... they said that there the efficiency loss with a 7 tooth driver is almost nill now that the tracks are single ply these days.

It was an issue with the multi-ply tracks in the past.

What is your track tension method with the CMX drive equipped sled and does that track tension spec change if you are using a CMXDS on a stock equipped sled compared to your M-10 or K-Mod factory sleds.

Last edited:

CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Mark,

Thanks for that.

Talking with the Camoplast people... they said that there the efficiency loss with a 7 tooth driver is almost nill now that the tracks are single ply these days.

It was an issue with the multi-ply tracks in the past.

What is your track tension method with the CMX drive equipped sled and does that track tension spec change if you are using a CMXDS on a stock equipped sled compared to your M-10 or K-Mod factory sleds.

Good comment and even better question. I would disagree with Camoplast about the efficiency loss. It is not just about the single ply vs. the old multi-ply tracks. It has to do with the smaller diameter of the 7's vs. the larger diameter drivers. The track wants to be a circle.

CMXDS Track Tension: About 1" to 1.5" hanging below the hifax with Wahl Bros. or Avid anti-ratchet drivers.

C

CHOP

Nov 15, 2008
can't wait

Mark, I can't wait to get my 2013 set up with your CMXDS kit i have not even started my sled and am worried about been traped in the back country,most off these sleds that have failed are stock in witch mine is not.I put a OVS stage 3 on and just couldn't belive what is going on so again mark thank you for your hard work to fix a problem before a problem!! everyone this is the real deal....Thank u mark:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Have to start saving up for a belt drive...all of Marks parts are very nice and high quality. Seen him at West last spring and talked to him, great guy and great stuff...

006.jpg

CRAZY MOUNTAIN XTREME

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Do you plan on making a belt setup for the older polaris?
I think they have 6.75 shaft centers. Thanks

Funny you should ask...We have been building a belt drive system since 1999. Our older style system that we still build will fit all of the older Polaris sleds. Our center distance is still 8.5", so it will drop and roll your drive shaft down and back from stock location. Please give us a call for detailed information. 406-686-4921 Thanks, :face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Funny you should ask...We have been building a belt drive system since 1999. Our older style system that we still build will fit all of the older Polaris sleds. Our center distance is still 8.5", so it will drop and roll your drive shaft down and back from stock location. Please give us a call for detailed information. 406-686-4921 Thanks, :face-icon-small-hap

Mark, that IS funny.
It's funny when you hear of the GenII or Indy chassis, or even the EDGE chassis as a "retro" or "throwback" and that's what you started building and perfecting your builds with. "Heck yeah, that's what we cut our teeth on. That was our specialty".

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
beautiful work

i see the geaing options are Gear ratios available: 1:86 - 2:00 - 2:14 why not offer a lower ratio ?
most mountain riders i know are running 2.2-2.4

does the skid have to move or just cut rails ?

(didn't see it mentioned)
thanks

Last edited:
Premium Features