• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Frozen throttle cable/mechanism 2020 Alpha 1

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
Has anyone experienced this happening on theirs? I didn't have any problems on my '18MC, but have had it happen to me twice now on new sled....

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Yes, it has stuck a few times, the cable even became disconnected from the throttle lever. Only when riding in deep powder.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Keep the go pro going at all times. When it freezes wfo that’d make a cool vid. Throw in a big long faaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwk when it happens. It’s always funny to hear what people say as their sled goes on a solo adventure.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I would check to make sure the cable sheath has not cracked as I had my 19 break 4" from the flipper at the turn on the riser and now it gets water in it and stick. the new cable outer jacket is more plastic than rubber unlike the older years. And no you can't us the older one I tried it will not make the adjustment needed.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
my 18 froze on me last year multiple times. be working fine then all of a sudden let off and it would keep going. was freezing in the cable somewhere as i checked the throttle bodies and they moved just fine. sprayed some wd40 down the cable and never had an issue since.

beerios5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2013
east kootney
Mine did this first ride out. Throttle bodies were free, was the cable that was frozen. I Let the engine run for awhile on the truck until it thawed it out. Hasn’t done it again. I sprayed some cable/chain lube down it. On the plus side, the safety switch worked and **** it down when it was stiff and got some slack in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features