• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox rebuild

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I have stock fox float 2’s on my 14 m8000 162 with around 1800 all mountain miles. I’m debating on sending them in to be rebuilt. My question is when should I do that. They currently hold air and aren’t leaking any oil. Maybe a little tiny bit of sag in the rear skid shock but other they seem good. If show who does everyone recommend I send them to. I live in Washington state.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I don’t think you need to worry about it. My 2010 Fox Float on the rear suspension has just over 4,000 mtn miles and hasn’t been touched.

Every year I contemplate sending it in to get revalved because the damping action is very stiff. It is not stiff because anything is wrong with it. Just the way all the 2010 and may 2011 sleds were shipped.

Andys Gas Shock Repair is the first one which comes to mind but I am sure there are others.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ve got a 14. I had the rear revalved a couple years ago. Mine was a have to. It sagged out on me out riding, wouldn’t hold air. What a pain that was. Way better after. Toms did it.
Last year I had the fronts revalved. Fastrax did those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features