• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox evol

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
Anybody upgrading to the evol 3 burandt edition? Thinking of upgrading but not sure if I should put my money somewhere else

Last edited:

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
After what I understand its just the fronts and the front track shock that will fit from the pro? The rear track shock is too short, I have been told.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I have a Fox Evol Rear shock measures 17" center to center from my 11' Pro as I had went to a Baker skid w/ Elka rear shock.
Just measured it last night to see if it will fit into my new 16' ride. And the Walker Evans measures the same. Hopefully the Fox bushings are the same for the bolts, but easy to drill larger if needed.

2016 Polaris Axys 163 x 3

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
The only adjustment on the stock shocks is spring pre-load and compression if you get the clickers. Pretty basic shocks. If you're within the weight range the shocks leave the factory set up for then you'll be OK. If you're on the ends of the spectrum, < 130 lbs or > 200 lbs, you're probably going to run out of adjustment in the stock shocks.

The Fox's have a lot more adjustment(s) and with proper settings will feel great--supple at the beginning of the stroke and a bottomless feel on bigger hits. If you want to set them up for big jumps you can. If you want to set them up for tree riding you can do that too. You can also make it ride like crap if things are not adjusted properly.

The consensus is that the WE shocks have a considerably shorter lifespan (I'm not stating this as fact). However, it's something to think about if you're putting thousands of miles on in a season vs hundreds.

It depends what you want out of your sled.

This is the list for my '16 not including the Fox shocks....

tether
SPG heated adjustable brake lever
heated RSI throttle block with kill switch
Polaris Dash Bag
SLP grips
B&M Boards
B&M bumper
TKI Belt Drive

If I could only pick two: tether and front bumper.

Last edited:

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I'm just wondering if they're that much better then stock. Are they mostly for jumping?

The Original Floats were okay (still better than stock).
But the Evol's are nice as you have the air extra chamber for bottoming resistance which is a max psi 300 iirc. You adjust compression by main chamber air pressure and you can also adjust the rebound settings by clicker settings.
The stockers are an okay shock, but until you ride a sled with Fox, Raptors, etc, you will feel the difference. Then its a matter of telling yourself 'Do I really need to spend $ 1000 plus on pogosticks'

Premium Features