• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

For all the Polaris/ Klim lovers out there!

Klim

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2011
KLIM and Polaris

As was announced earlier today, Polaris Industries Inc. has, in fact, acquired KLIM.

While the ownership of the company has changed hands today, the KLIM brand fundamental function and focus has not and will not change.

KLIM is the leader in technical riding gear.KLIM got to the top by going to work every day to tirelessly source the most advanced material technologies to put into the most innovative designs in riding gear. And that’s exactly what we continued doing after the exciting Polaris announcement this morning.

While there are some questions, speculation and assumptions coming up after such big news in the powersports industry, rest assured of a few things:

• KLIM will remain an independent business entity and it is “business as usual” going forward.
  • KLIM will continue to work in its existing facility in Rigby, Idaho with its existing (and growing) workforce.
  • KLIM will continue to develop the same premium-quality products our customers expect.
  • KLIM is still incredibly focused on supporting its fantastic group of dedicated dealers.

Nothing about the way KLIM is or has done business is changing.

Justin Summers, KLIM founder and CEO, will continue his focus on continued product innovation, as he has throughout his career at KLIM, with the same passion for research, development, product innovation and customer service that has come to define the KLIM brand.

KLIM is proud to continue pushing the limits of apparel innovation and customer service and satisfaction. And we know the secret to our success in the future will be the same as it was in the past.

Polaris Industries’ acquisition of KLIM is exciting news! KLIM is thrilled to have such a solid resource foundation to base the future off of. Polaris is a global powersports leader with worldly reach that can increase visibility for KLIM. KLIM will benefit from increased international brand exposure as well as investments into what Polaris sees as a major growth area—apparel sales.
Here are some FAQ’s we’ve compiled. We hope they help answer questions you may have.

Co-branding of Polaris and KLIM products.
Polaris will not be co-branding KLIM with their existing apparel products. All of Polaris’ apparel brands will remain independent of each other. Polaris does not want to change what KLIM is doing to be successful—which is being the premium technical riding gear developer.

KLIM Dealerships
KLIM dealerships are the heart and soul of KLIM’s success. They have invested great amounts of time and money into selling the KLIM brand and that will never be taken for granted by the KLIM family.

There will be no changes to the KLIM sales staff, strategies, dealership agreements, etc. More importantly, there will be no changes to KLIM dealerships’ status or standing regardless of what type of machines they sell.

What about the other brands Polaris owns or may acquire in the apparel realm?
Polaris is focused on letting KLIM do what KLIM does best—design and develop the best riding gear in the world. Future plans to develop KLIM’s home in Rigby, Idaho into the Polaris Center for Apparel Excellence are being developed.

This is exciting and holds great opportunity for the local community. While it is possible additional brands will call Rigby, Idaho their home in the future, it’s incredibly important to remember that each brand will have a distinct, dedicated team (including product development teams) to ensure that each brand benefits from clear and distinct product positioning.

Sid Huntsman
Klim Snow Sponsorship Coordinator

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
bummer.
there goes klim's CS....

now we'll have to prove that we weren't running aftermarket oil while riding our snowmobiles or we won't get warranty work done on our klim boots........

and now klim will be plastered w/ a bunch of polaris logos... /sigh

i should have gotten my klim jacket sooner.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
klim

its sounds like klim is gonna stay how it is, wont be any polaris logos on it, same great product just will be owned by polaris

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i'm interested to see how it goes.i personaly can,t see them blowing off 3/4s of there customer base plus they may still have a marketing agreement with yamaha.

ProRide800155

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Polaris will have there klim gear with Polaris and klim logo that will be distributed by them. Then they will distribute normal klim gear with no Polaris logo through the klim wearhouse just like it is now. My guess anywayz

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
KLIM will remain an independent business entity and it is “business as usual” going forward.
KLIM will continue to work in its existing facility in Rigby, Idaho with its existing (and growing) workforce.
KLIM will continue to develop the same premium-quality products our customers expect.
KLIM is still incredibly focused on supporting its fantastic group of dedicated dealers.

That's what everyone says right after they take over a company, you never hear anyone say" Sorry folks everything is going to change now, but please keep buying from us":lol::lol:

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Well hopefully they don't try too hard to "improve productivity or efficiency or expenses" on the products. Big co's tend to do this. Kind of like the same glue George Costansa used on the envelopes that Polaris then used on the drive shafts.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
KLIM=THE GREATEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WHOLE WORLD OF SNOWMOBILES. Can't over state this fact.

POLARIS=THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WHOLE WORLD OF SNOWMOBILES. Can't over state this fact.

It would have been better if North Korea had bought Klim. Or Obama. Or Satan himself. I am so bummed....

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
NOTE: I screwed up and copied Sid's reply to their other thread here... but when I did... it made it the first post in the thread.

Sorry about that... I don't know how to fix it now???

I think that Klim will maintain a Separate "stand alone" status here, Polaris aquired a Premium brand and product... no reason to mess with that.

MH

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Guess their not concerned about public image when a customer of another brand associates Klim with Polaris ? Your already hearing the responses , people already jumping ship . This will be a good thing for the competition , which is good .

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I think they just saw the potential, Realized that if even the majority of the Pro riders bought a jacket , that's a huge market chunk, then once the little drive shaft snafu is over with, the huge numbers of former Doo riders switching over is gonna be huge. That's the market I imagine they are salivating over. Lots of advantages for the Doo guys so it's win win, we get finally a decent all weather gear specific to their brand instead of the pretend crap gear we have now, plus we get all the advantages that Doo has been trying to copy the last few years. No more catch up, they'll be able to enjoy both top notch gear and a real mountain chassis.
There will of course be the blind brand loyal zealots who even when standing in the thick forest, still won't see the trees, those are the guys you gotta feel bad for.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
IMO the people that "will not support polaris in any way" are just a little too brand loyal. I would never give up a quality piece of clothing over this it's not worth it. Especially since Klim will be operated as an independent company, it won't say polaris on it anywhere unless it is the clothing that will be made specifically for polaris. I love my FXR stuff I have now but someday I'll probably make the switch to klim.

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
Guess their not concerned about public image when a customer of another brand associates Klim with Polaris ? Your already hearing the responses , people already jumping ship . This will be a good thing for the competition , which is good .

Jumping ship? Well if they are jumping ship, then they will get exactly what they deserve for being pig headed. Wet and cold from their sub-par riding gear. Klim is still Klim. Go ahead jump!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features