• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Foamy/Aireated Coolant

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
Have an issue with the antifreeze in my 2009 Dragon Switchback.
If I run the sled after a short warmup the coolant in the bottle looks almost foamy or aireaterd. I have to keep the coolant level in the bottle 2" bellow the Cold full level or it will overflow out the over flow hose.
I have changed out the Rad cap with no change . Also inspected the cylinder 'O' rings and changed them out for New ones and still the same condition excites.
Have now ran the sled for at least 300-400 miles like this without any over heating problems or running issues. Engine has about 2700 miles on it.
I am at a loss as to what is causing this problem . Any help or suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks Jigger.

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
air

base gasket is leaking - had that same condition on my 800 SB. Found a tiny piece of aluminum between the cylinder and gasket allowing just a small amount of air to be sucked in.

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
Air

Thanks for the tip.
If that was the case why do I not see any antifreeze in the belly pan or on the ground. Would think after engine was shut down the 10 - 15 psi. in the cooling system would push coolant out side the crankcase or into the crankcase . [not good ] Also coolant level stays at a consistent level in the bottle .

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
Look like this .

Not quite that bad . Will drain the coolant and refill with new .
Easy enough to do and who knows maybe the coolant that is in there now is tired.

Premium Features