• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Floating Secondary" anyone doin this?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
is anyone floating their secondary clutch on the hawk? i have a 503 with sledr2 shaft and buds ac clutch. was reading about this on the 2skiville forums. i saw a kit for skidoo for sale for 20.oo! seems like a cheap mod that can free up a bit of hp and extend belt life

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i want to too....

the doo kit i saw looks like a aluminum slug to extend the shaft farther out? could i just remove all the shims and leave the bolt off? the belt should keep the clutch on the shaft,unless it breaks. im new(and clueless) to all this clutching nonsense,help me out

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Yes. I machined a spacer about an inch long and used a longer bolt and large washer..clutch runs cool and works great..

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
Me too

running Buds AC roller with a spacer and about an 1/8th of inch play for the clutch to "self align." Worked great all last season. Beforehand, without the extra space the heating and cooling expansion was working the bolt loose too.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
503, sledr2 shaft, bud ac clutch <----- i have this set up,who wants to play in their shop and make me a spacer and tell me the correct bolt length? or put it on their table at hawkfest with a price tag on it so i can snatch it up and save on the shipping! see ya there

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
503, sledr2 shaft, bud ac clutch <----- i have this set up,who wants to play in their shop and make me a spacer and tell me the correct bolt length? or put it on their table at hawkfest with a price tag on it so i can snatch it up and save on the shipping! see ya there

Im sure you have stuff right there in the bike shop.. its not rocket science...

Premium Features